bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── royal balls

"𝕶az! We're going to be late," Stasiaj called from the bottom of the stairs, applying her lipstick in the hallway mirror as she waited for the intolerable man. "You can be the one to explain to the Ravkans why we're not there on time if we do!"

"I'll tell them I was out committing a felony," Kaz descended from the stairs, smoothing out his coat as he watched her with glimmering eyes.

"Do that and I'll beat you to death with your cane," He chuckled softly at her words, before pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Good day?"

"It'll get worse once we arrive," He muttered in response. "You look beautiful, Princess."

"You don't look half bad,"

"Thank you," He replied, as Stasiaj spun around to smooth his coat out. "You're nervous."

"I haven't seen my brother in a while," Stasiaj replied, as Kaz reached up to stop her hands from fussing over his tie. "Yes, fine, I'm a little worried."

"We've done these events before,"

"We've done events like these before when we were robbing the place," Stasiaj noted, as Kaz nodded.

"I can't argue with that," He grabbed his cane from beside the door, waiting for Stasiaj to shrug her own cloak over the dark green dress, that shimmered in the light like the scales on a snake. "No one's going to recognize us for robbing this place. It's been years."

"I may have gotten better looking over time but you still look like the exact same mob boss of the Barrel,"

"Considering you fell in love with me when I was a mere mob boss in the Barrel, I'll take that as a compliment," Stasiaj shot him another withering glance, before accepting his arm and letting him lead her from the house. "Stop fussing."