bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── Ravka

𝕴n Ketterdam, Stasiaj Yahontov only went by one title and that was Snake. Snake was who she had invented, and who she had decided to be so she wore her title like a crown and wielded it's power as she saw fit.

Across the sea, she was known by another name and title, one that she was born into, but Stasiaj didn't truly enjoy own. As much as she tried to separate herself from that part of her life, it always pulled her back. Normally, the anchor between those two worlds was her brother, Nikolai, and for some reason, she normally found herself saying yes to his words.

Kaz's gloved hands trapped hers between the railing of the ship and his own, stopping her from drumming her fingers as he leant next to her. Waves crashed against the hull as wind whipped through both of their hair.

"You're stressed," Kaz stated.

"I'm meeting my family for the first time since I was kidnapped and then getting married again at the end of the week and to top it all off, I'm on a ship," Stasiaj muttered. "I don't understand why we're doing this. I've already married you."

"You know why, Stasiaj," Kaz murmured, squeezing her hand gently. "You married me as Stasiaj Yahontov, which is the only marriage I care about, but you are also Anastasiaj Lantsov and you're family want to give you some of the things that you deserve."

"I don't want a big thing with people that I don't know," Stasiaj sighed again, before leaning her head onto Kaz's shoulder. "I was more than happy with just you and the boys."

"But now we've got the Crows, your brother and mother, Zoya and Genya," Kaz pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, pushing his own tremors down. He knew that his own phobia was starting to make an appearance at the thought of so many people watching him, but he was more focussed on his wife. She was stressing over a decision she had made weeks earlier whilst they were on a boat, travelling back to the place all of her trauma began. "You'll get to see where you grew up, the ballroom that your brother talked about, the palaces and I think that your brother organized a honeymoon for us."

"He did?" Kaz nodded as Stasiaj's face lit up. "Saints, he's more excited for this than I am."

"I think he's excited to have his little sister back home for the first time in three decades or so," Stasiaj relaxed a little beneath him, before moving her head off of his shoulders and unwrapping their hands. "What are you doing?"

"You're shaking," Stasiaj muttered. "I don't want to further aggravate your phobia."

"You're not," Kaz took her hand again. "You can't do that anymore."