bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── what if

𝕾tasiaj Yahontov was not unfamiliar with betrayal. She had been hurt and betrayed far more than she could ever imagine, but somehow the betrayal from Kaz Brekker hurt more than everything combined. She had trusted him with her secrets, trusted him to see her vulnerable and trusted that he would not betray her confidence as so many had before.

It seemed that her expectation of men had been far too high, because he failed her just as many had done before.

"We travel back to Ravka in two days time, after the auction," She turned back to her brother, Nikolai, who watched her with a small smile. "You are more than welcome to join us."

"Malkus, go find Ivarn," Stasiaj muttered, shooing her viper away, as Malkus huffed and walked off. "Would I have safe passage for my vipers?"

"How many are there?"

"Thirty," Nikolai looked over at Zoya, who nodded her head.

"We can take them,"

"Then I'll meet you on the ship," Fear welled up inside of her at the thought of sailing once more, though it was calmed as she realised that her children would be with her, as well as her brother and Grisha. "What dock is it?"

"Dock 3 in the main harbour," Nikolai smiled and held his arm out for her to grasp. "I am pleased that you will come with us."

"I need out of this city," Stasiaj shook her head. "I need away from these people."

"I will see you then, sister," Nikolai bowed his head, before Genya got to work changing him back into Sturmhond. "Will you be at the auction?"

"Not a chance," Stasiaj shook her head, before calling for Cecelia to escort the Ravkans back to their embassy, as she turned to look at her home. She'd had the Den for years, having started her empire here, and it seemed only fitting that this was the last place she was in before she left Ketterdam. "Vipers, pack your things, we are leaving."

Malkus hurried over, but Stasiaj caught him before he could rush off.

"You are not to go to Crow Man, do you understand me?"

"But, ma...?"

"No, Malkus, I mean it," His eyes went wide, filling with tears as Stasiaj crouched to his level and brushed his curly hair from his face. "I know that it hurts, but Crow Man can not know."

"But he's my da," Malkus whimpered as Stasiaj hushed him and pulled him into a hug. "I don't want to leave him."

"We have to. He broke my trust and that's a sacred thing," Stasiaj stood upright once more, keeping Malkus in her arms as the five year old whimpered. "Let's go and get everything put away."