bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── practical jokes

"𝖂e're going to be late," Kaz called up the stairs, as Stasiaj's hurried footsteps thumped down towards him. "You look beautiful."

"I know. Thank you," Stasiaj pressed a swift kiss to Kaz's cheek, before slipping into her heels and applying her lipstick in the mirror. "There. Sorted and on time."

"I think that's a record,"

"Oh, you know it," She grinned, sliding a fang into her hair as Kaz helped her pull on her coat. "You also look handsome."

"Is that a compliment?"

"No. It's a fact." Stasiaj winked as Kaz rolled his eyes once more, hiding a smile on his face, and led her down towards the Crow Club.

From halfway up the street, the sound of music and laughter could be heard spilling from the doors of the Dregs venues. Stasiaj smiled up at her husband, who had made all of this in the time that they had been together. He controlled the Barrel, it was his own empire and that made Stasiaj proud beyond belief for they had done what they said they would all those years ago.

Her heels clicked on the cobbles, in sync with Kaz's cane as they grew closer to the entrance way.

"Good day, right?" Stasiaj double checked before they entered, looking at her husband's side profile.

"Yes," She grinned, before masking her face into the veneer of Snake and smirking. "Come on, Snake, let's give them a show."

"You said it, Crow Man," Kaz took her arm once more, leading her into the club that stank of alcohol and cigarettes. In the corner of the room, Malkus was leaning against a wall and talking to Ivarn and Cecelia. Despite their age, the trio still listened for secrets, as most of her vipers did, for old habits died hard. Malkus excused himself at the sight of them, hurrying over to the pair.

"Ma, Da," He grinned, pressing a kiss to Stasiaj's cheek. "It's been quiet. Everyone's been remarkably good. I think they know that you were coming in tonight."

"Jes probably let slip," Stasiaj nodded, before patting Malkus' cheek. "Thanks Darling. No drinking tonight though, I need you to be sober for tomorrow."

"Yes, Ma, I know," He rolled his eyes, causing Stasiaj to flick his ear and send him back off to Ivarn and Cecelia.

"What have you got tomorrow?" Kaz asked, handing both of their coats to a waiting attendant.

"I'm meeting with a client and Malkus is helping me," Stasiaj brushed her dress off, before wrapping her arm back around her husband. "Let me tell you. She has an absolute story."