bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── bad day

𝕿ight ropes yanked around her neck, tugging her into the deep as Stasiaj struggled and clawed at her airways, begging for oxygen in her lungs. Her hands were torn, cut up from struggling with the ropes and she could feel the cold water deep in her throat.

She was drowning again and Stasiaj Yahontov was scared to die.

"Stasiaj," Her eyes opened blearily, fighting the sting of the salt water as she looked for who had screamed her name in the storm. The thunder was so loud, echoing through her ear drums like the ricochet of a bullet. "Stasiaj!"

Reaching up, Stasiaj grabbed onto the mast, struggling against the splinters as she looked around for who had called her. Maybe help was coming, but the rope tightened again and she felt herself being yanked back below the sea.

Her scream was muffled by the water, before she felt her body shake.

"Stasiaj, wake up!" Choking, Stasiaj rolled onto her side, clawing at her neck again, trying to breathe as tears rolled down her cheeks. She flinched away from the grip on her arms. "Stasiaj, it's me, it's Kaz. You're alright. You're on land."

She took another deep heaving bed, retching as she tried to get rid of the sea water in her lungs. Hands grabbed hold of her, pulling her fingers away from her neck.

"No!" Her voice cracked.

"It's alright. It's me, it's just me," Kaz soothed, dark hair a mess on his forehead, as he trapped her body and held her hands still. He would normally not do this, knowing Stasiaj's fear of being trapped in small places and tight holds, but she was going to injure herself and he couldn't let that happen. "It's me, Stasiaj, it was just a dream. You were only dreaming, I've got you."

Stasiaj let out another choked sob, falling into Kaz's chest, who fought down tremors in response.

"It was the boat and I-I was drowning," She struggled out, her chest heaving as Kaz rocked them slightly, "and I-I thought I was going to...going to die and there was sea and the th-thunder was so loud."

"You're alright," He hushed, running his hand through her hair as he pushed the images of Jordie and dead bodies to the back of his brain. His day hadn't been brilliant, having been stuck in a large crowd of people for a few hours, but Stasiaj needed him and he would be damned if he didn't help her. "I'm here. We're nowhere near water. We're at home."

"There was water," Stasiaj shivered again, reaching for her throat, but Kaz threaded their hands together. He fought a tremor, squeezing her fingers as she clutched onto him as a lifeline. "I thought I was going to die..."