bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── fatherly love

𝕸alkus sometimes forgot that he was not as invincible as he believed that he was. He had been a viper for as long as he could remember, and because of that he often believed that he was like his mother, untouchable.

But he was not.

Sometimes he forgot that he was still just a teenager.

"Your mother wants fruit," Malkus turned back to look at his dad, who was holding a piece of paper in his hands. "She said that unless we fetch her raisins, apples and peaches for her, she will not let us back into the house and knowing your mother, she won't."

Malkus padded closer, looking over his dad's shoulder to read the message. At seventeen years old, Malkus stood taller and broader than his father, though his hair was just as untameable as it had been ten years earlier.

"I can get it," Malkus offered.

"You want to?"

"I'm not five. I know how to shop for groceries," Malkus rolled his eyes, taking the money from Kaz's hand. 

"There and back. We have work,"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it," Malkus waved his father off, who merely rolled his eyes, and grabbed his jacket. Stomping down the stairs, he patted his jacket pockets, checking that he still had his gun and fangs on him. He was sorely in need of a new jacket before the winter months, but his mother had promised that there was a present coming his way before that would happen, so Malkus held off.

He took a right out of the Crow Club, heading down towards the markets in Fifth Harbour. In the years earlier, Malkus would have had to walk up to the Merchers district to get the wares, but Kaz had placed a market in the Fifth Harbour for Stasiaj, so Malkus' walk was shorter.

Many who passed him bowed their heads, knowing that Malkus was the son of the Snake and Dirtyhands, and knowing that should they mess with him that they'd be killed or run off quickly.

"Malkus, what can we do for you?"

"I need raisins, apples and peaches. The best you have," Malkus crossed his arms, waiting for the merchant to hurry with his order before paying as quickly as he could. If dad said there was work, then there was work and he needed to be back or the man would have his head.

"Excuse me," Malkus paused, turning around to face whoever was talking to him. An older woman, in her early forties at least, walked towards him, her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm really sorry, but you look incredibly familiar."

"I don't know you," Malkus deadpanned. He cocked an eyebrow, wondering whether this was a scheme to get him killed.

"You look like my husband. One moment," Malkus scuffed his foot across the floor, watching the woman grab onto a man and pull him towards where Malkus stood. Neither of them looked threatening, merely middle aged people that thought he was familiar. "I was just telling this nice young man that he looked very familiar. How old are you?"