bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── baby brekker

𝕵ordie Brekker was famed, among the Crows, for being just as stubborn as both of his parents. Stasiaj knew this for a fact, considering she had seen how most of her vipers had turned out and assumed that her son would follow suit. Kaz, on the other hand, had yet to see Jordie's famed stubbornness in action.

"I'm going now," Stasiaj called, strapping her shoes up as she leant against the entrance to the living room. Kaz hummed, turning the page in his book as Jordie played on the floor in front of him. "I'll be back later tonight. Good day?"

"Yeah," Kaz paused his reading, tilting his head back so that Stasiaj could place a kiss onto his lips. She ran her fingers along his jaw, pressing another kiss to his mouth. "You look stunning."

"I try," Stasiaj grinned against his lips, before wiping the lipstick stain from them. Kaz sent her a soft smile, the scent of her perfume wrapping around him. "You be a good boy for daddy, baby?"

"Yes, mama," Jordie chirped from the floor, as Stasiaj smoothed his dark hair back and pressed a kiss to his freckled nose. 

"I mean it," Stasiaj sent him a meaningful look.

"I know, mama,"

"That's my boy," With a final kiss to both her boys heads, she swept from the house in a twirl of golden skirts, emerald jewels and painted lips. Kaz was left with his son, who quickly grew tired of playing on the floor and found his dad to be a more enjoyable climbing frame.

"What are you doing Jordie?" Kaz asked, turning a page in his book as Jordie's head poked through underneath the book. Looking down at his son, Kaz cocked an eyebrow. Jordie's brown eyes watched him, before a grin formed on his face that was very reminiscent of Stasiaj's negotiating grin. "Jordie..."

"Nothing, daddy," Jordie grinned, giggling as he squirmed further up to rest on Kaz's chest. "What you doing?"

"Reading, peacefully, Jordie. Why aren't you playing?" Jordie sighed, before rolling onto his back and kicking the book out of his father's hand as the man sighed. "Jordie?"

"Daddy, can't you play with me?"

"I'm reading," Kaz replied, holding onto his son as he leant down to pick up the book. "Not now."

Jordie groaned, rolling his eyes and throwing his hand in the air and almost hitting his father in the face.

"Jordie!" The little boy giggled, before aiming to slap his father again. "You are far too much like your mother. Violent streak included."

The boy laughed again, before seeming to forget he had bones, flopping across his father's stomach as the man sighed and picked his son up.

"Right, you are going to have a bath and go to bed before you take my eye out," Jordie began to whine. "How does your mother convince you to do this?"