bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── little vipers

𝕸alkus and Jordie Brekker were well known around the Barrel. Wherever they walked, children were pulled from their path, men took their caps from their head and women bowed their heads.

In the past, that had bothered the pair, but they had soon got over it. They only needed each other and the rest of the vipers anyway, not caring for the opinions of others. It was one of the first lessons that their mother taught them. Stasiaj Yahontov had never wanted either of her boys to feel upset or pressured because of the status of their parents.

Malkus, who had grown up in the height of Kaz Brekker and Stasiaj Yahontov's take over of the Barrel, had been used to the stares that he had gotten. Jordie, on the other hand, had often come home from school close to tears, wondering why none of the other children wanted to play with him and the teachers seemed scared of him.

Stasiaj had introduced him to toffee, pulled him into her arms and pressed kisses to his cheeks until the tears faded and told him that his father and her were feared, but that he'd always have a home with the Vipers and the Crows.

"Jordie. Stop sulking." The teenager looked up, a scowl crossing his face as Malkus appeared in the doorway with a trouble making grin plastered across his face. "It doesn't look good on you."

"Shut up." Malkus laughed, shaking his curly hair out. "What are you even doing here?"

"I've got to get something for Da." Malkus replied, shaking a package. "You know, cause I have a job."

"I don't understand why Da won't let me help."

"Cause he doesn't want you doing illegal things." Malkus shrugged, before grinning. "It's not a big deal."

"Yes, it is." Jordie muttered.

"I'll see you for dinner. Da and I might be late, we've got a meeting. Tell ma."