headcanons (woh)

headcanons (woh) ─── the boys

𝕶az Brekker did not feel like he was fatherly material. He, himself, hadn't had a father around since he was nine years old when he and Jordie had to sell the farm and attend a funeral. Then, everything had happened with the bodies and Kaz had never thought about being a father again.

A knee caught his back as someone scrabbled over his body into the double bed.

"Jordie," The body stilled, and Kaz opened one eye to glare at his son, who was grinning sheepishly. "What are you doing?"

"Sleeping?"

"What are you doing in our bed?" Jordie huffed, flopping down on top of his father and pouting. Kaz sighed, forcing down the tremors in his hand as he brushed the boy's dark hair from his face. Much like Kaz, Jordie shared the same dark hair and angular face (despite his chubby cheeks) but he had Stasiaj's eyes. Eyes that Kaz adored. "What time is it?"

"I dunno. I can't read the time," 

"Thank you, smart ass," Kaz poked his son in the stomach, causing the boy to giggle quietly. "Hush. We don't want to wake your mother."

"Yeah, you don't," Stasiaj growled, rolling over to shove her head further into her pillow. "I'll be angry tired tomorrow."

"You're always angry tired," Kaz muttered, before forcing the tremors down further and pulling Jordie into his arms. The small boy wrapped his legs around Kaz's waist, burying his head in his father's neck. "Come on, let's get you into bed."

Jordie pouted, as Kaz picked the snake toy up from the floor and carried the five year old back to his bedroom. With Jordie at this age, Kaz was reminded of Malkus. He had watched Stasiaj haul Malkus around when the boy had gotten tired and was now finding that the past was repeating itself.

Kaz opened the door with one hand.

"Come on. It's a busy day tomorrow and if you don't get a full night's sleep then you're going to be angry and tired," Jordie pouted and Kaz pulled the covers of the boy's bed back, setting him down gently. Jordie curled up, watching his father, as Kaz put the night light on and limped back over to tuck the covers around him. "Auntie Inej is coming tomorrow and I'm sure you'll want to see her."

"I missed her," Kaz nodded, kneeling beside Jordie's bed and pushing the boy's dark hair away from his face. "Why doesn't she visit more often?"

"Ask her that one," Jordie pouted, and Kaz pressed a kiss to his forehead, smiling down at him. "Now, bed time otherwise you won't see Auntie Inej."

Jordie yanked the covers up, and slammed his head into the pillow causing Kaz to chuckle and pat his son on the head again.

"Night Jordie,"