Ch.23: No Where To Run But Here

A/N: the reasoning for me unpublishing for this chapter is because I am changing Shinso as Aizawa's son. Because let's be honest after Season 5's first few episodes this feels kind of awkward now.

Aizawa walks into his house with groceries in his hand. Eddie followed from behind him, leaving his bike outside. He examined the his house which wasn't much from the inside,not bad but alright.

Aizawa:I'm home!

Aizawa shouted leaving Eddie confused. He didn't find Aizawa to be the type person to live with anyone. But before he could continue walking inside,he  feels something rubbing itself on his legs. He looks down to see an orange cat with cyan eyes.

Eddie:you have a cat?

Aizawa:is that a problem?

He crouched before petting the cat's head as it purrs in relaxation.

Eddie:no, I'm a dog person but cats are kinda cool.

He then looks at the cat's collar to see it's name.

Eddie:Sushi huh? Cool.

He smiled warmly as the cat licked his hand. Suddenly,the sound of someone walking was heard in a hallway. Eddie looks up to see someone come out. A boy with purple messy hair came out, wearing sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

Shinso:hey old man,

The two stared awkwardly at each other, Shinso was first to react.

Shinso:the hell is he doing here?

Eddie: I can ask you that the same thing.

He looks at Eddie with a glare.

Shinso: house-sitting, the old man over there is my mentor.

Eddie looks in surprise before realizing something. He turns his head to Aizawa with furrowed eyebrows.

Eddie: doesn't that count as cheating?

Aizawa: no, but if you tell anyone about this I'll expel you.

Eddie: fair enough.

Shinso grabs his belongings before walking out, giving Eddie one last look before leaving. Eddie looks back at Aizawa who starts to put away the groceries as Eddie just stands there.

Eddie:heard you stood up for me before I left,thanks.

He said scratching the back of his head but Aizawa changes the subject.

Aizawa:so,you mind telling me what you were doing outside in the rain?

He looks away.

Eddie:I kind of...ran away from home...and now I don't have anywhere so...

Aizawa turns to him.

Aizawa:and why's that?

Eddie: family business, but anyways I'm clearly interrupting your business so I might as well leave.

He said turning away towards the door but was stopped by Sushi in front of him.

Aizawa:looks like Sushi likes you. You're obviously having trouble with your old man,those bruises don't just appear out of nowhere.

Eddie places his palm on his cheek to feel that a bruise was left their.

Eddie:how do you know I live with my dad?

Aizawa: a parent meets their teacher before the first day of school. I talked with Carl once,he told me about your loss with your mother...

Eddie: I see...

He looks down with furrowed brows.

Aizawa:I'm sorry about that...he told me on how you were useless and not worth coming to UA. But I corrected him.

He looked back up at him.

Aizawa:I told him you were able to show incredible skills during the entrance exam. Though he didn't believe me.

Eddie smiles.

Eddie:heh thanks,hey you don't mind if I stay?

He gives him a look that lasts for a few moments.

Aizawa: normally I'd say no, but I think you've been through a lot today so fine.

Eddie smiles.

Eddie:thanks.

Aizawa:you'll be sleeping on the couch.

He finishes putting away the groceries before walking off to his room.

Aizawa: I'll bring you covers later.

Eddie: thanks.

As soon he closes the door, a frown is made on Eddie's face. He sits down in the living room while thinking. His bruise wasn't healed, that means Venom was either gone or just pretending.

Eddie:hey V...I just wanted to say I shouldn't have been talkin to you that way. You're not a villain,and I know you did that to protect me...

He didn't hear anything,not a voice nor grunt. It was completely silent.

Eddie:what I'm saying is... I'm sorry...

Still no response,a tear dropped from his eye.

Aizawa:hey.

Eddie quickly wiped away his tears and looks at Aizawa who had a pillow and sheet in his arms. He hands it to Eddie.

Aizawa: are you ok?

Eddie: y-yeah, just tryna get things situated with my other.

He only hums in response. Soon he walks away without a goodnight. Eddie watches as he exits the living room before feeling something on his face. He touches the bruise mark to feel it healed. This makes Eddie smiles before grabbing the the pillow and placing it umder his head.

Eddie: good night, Venom...

He says before drifting off to sleep, allowing an inky black tendril to grab the sheets and pulling them over Eddie.

Venom:good night, Eddie...