Ch.17:Not so Different

Todoroki's group dashed past Midoryia in incredible speed. They then stopped a few feet away from them. In Todoroki's hand were their head bands. Midoryia looked in shock  as they realized this.

Midoryia:what!

Eddie:shit!

Midoryia/Eddie:after him!

Bakugou:Brock, you'll pay for what you did!

Eddie:oh come the fuck on!

Bakugou comes at Eddie in the air, Midoryia was trying to get to Todoroki.

Present Mic:times up!

Bakugou falls to the ground face first.

Eddie:heh...

He hops off of the others.

Tetsutetsu: damnit,we were so close!

Yosetsu:it was fun while it lasted.

Eddie:what're you guys talking about?

They looked at him in confusion. Eddie then raises his arm revealing Midoryia's headband. The two looked in shock, though Shinsou had surprised eyes. They could hear Todoroki's team look for the headband.

Todoroki:I could've sworn I grabbed it, where is it?

Present Mic:WHATS THIS,IT LOOKS LIKE BROCK PULLED A DIRTY TRICK! LETS HIT A REPLAY SHALL WE!?

The screen then replayed in slow motion on what happened. Yes Todoroki snatched the headbands but a black tendril shot from Eddie's chest grabbing Midoryia's first. Eddie smirked while looking up at it.

Iida:b-but how!?

Eddie:you were too fast to even realize I was making a move. Try slowing down next time four eyes.

Eddie walked away as Todoroki fueled with anger.

Bakugou:get your ass back here Brock,what the hell did you do to me back there!

Kirishima:calm down Bakugou.

Bakugou:hell no,I want an explanation!

Eddie ignored him and walked away from the battlefield. He is now seen in a hallway looking into the audience that were either waiting for the next round or exiting to take a break. He pulled out himself a chocolate bar,which he snacks on. Todoroki then comes up from behind him standing by the other side of the wall.

Eddie:sup snow cone.

Todoroki only glares at him.

Eddie:okay then.

Todoroki:how could you...

Eddie:excuse me?

Todoroki:how could some loser have so much power. I'm starting to question your quirks limit.

Eddie: believe me,you don't wanna know.

Todoroki:I do...we will be fighting each other Brock.

Eddie:yea I know.

Todoroki's glare becomes more stern,how can someone so strong be so careless.

Todoroki:I don't want you holding back. I need you to give me the best you have.

Venom:‘is he challenging us’

Eddie could feel venom's anger starting to build up

Eddie:‘chill V’okay.

He said with a warm smile. Todoroki starts to become upset.

Todoroki:why aren't you taking anything seriously,don't you worry if you'll get sent to another class?

Eddie: honestly Todoroki,I don't give a shit. I just wanna get to my goal. What's your problem anyway?

Todoroki was about to explain but he cut him off.

Eddie:don't tell me,daddy issues.

Todoroki stayed silent.

Eddie:yea been there,and let me guess poor ma in the hospital?

Todoroki looked up at him with an upset look. Eddie grins.

Eddie:struck a nerve did I?

Todoroki:you don't get to say her name.

He said with his fists clenching.

Eddie:oh,but I didn't say Rei Todoroki,oops!

He had a smug look on his face as Todoroki's arm started catching on fire.

Eddie:poor gal,I almost feel bad for you.

Todoroki was about to strike at him.

Eddie:heh,at least your mom is still alive.

Todoroki stopped,he paused as the fire died down. They both stood their silent,Eddie's smug face disappeared.

Todoroki:how?

Eddie sighed.

Eddie:ever heard of the Gas Pandemic a few years ago?

He  thought about it before nodding.

Eddie:me and my mom were in it. We tried to run as fast as we could and take shelter but...

Eddie could remember when he saw his mother on the ground.

Eddie:I left her to die.

Struck with fear,young Eddie ran to shelter leaving his mom to the gas. Small tears started to fall but he wiped them away.

Eddie:my dad blames me of her death...I believe him.

He finishes his chocolate bar and started walking away. Leaving Todoroki alone,but he stops.

Eddie: Todoroki...

He looks up at him.

Eddie: I'm not telling you to forgive your dad. But I'm telling you to be fucking grateful that he even cares for your future.

He then continued walking.

Eddie: see you in the battlefield,IcyHot.