Chapter One.

She was dragged from her peaceful staring by a knock at her front door. The sound came as a shock and a gentle reminder. 

She quickly got up to answer it, wondering who it would be at this time of night. Her flat was  quite a few floors up, so whoever it was wanted something, or probably knew her. 

She opened the door and found her brother, Matthew Helders, in the arms of some man. He looked drunk and like he was half awake, head lolling all over the place, face red and his hair looked wet. 

The man who held him was tall and had long fluffy hair down to his shoulders. She recognized him from her brother's band, Arctic Monkeys, people she had barely talked to or seen because they were her brother's friends. Sure, she'd maybe run into one or two of them at a birthday party but apart from that...

"You're Y/N right?" He asked, awkwardly, still loosely holding matt in his arms.

"Yeah...I'm sorry about Matt.... another damn party.." she cursed, taking him into her apartment and gently laying him on the sofa, pulling a blanket over him and propping a spare pillow under his head.

"I'm sorry about all this. Thanks..." he awkwardly held his hands behind his back, "Matt said if he ever got this drunk-" 

"Don't worry about it." She tried to offer him a kind smile but found she was too preoccupied with Matt to look up. She was too busy layering Matt underneath blankets to notice the stranger leaving.

When she did finally notice she sighed, looked over at her brother and went to make herself a cup of chamomile tea. 

She held the hot cup in between her hands, feeling the heat spread to her palms. 

Her name was Y/N Arabella Helders.

And this is her story.