Chapter Three

"You wot?" She blinked a few times, looking at her brother and at his mates.

They looked back at her expectantly, and Matt repeated the sentence. She put her hands over her head, "Lemme get this right, you, a worldwide known band, want me, a failed artist, to do your cover art. I know I'm Matt's sister, but it's a bit much." She knew this was the panic talking. The panic of seeing her art on more than just her computer screen, on billboards, pasted onto walls, on peoples' phones.

"Exactly." Said Nick, taking a biscuit. 

She looked at all of them, "Can you come back tomorrow? The answer is most definitely yes, but I need some time to think about it." 

"Sure." Alex shrugged, and made the first move towards the door. All followed after him, as he held the door open for them. He was about to step through when she called out to him, "Wait!" 

His head turned to her, his long hair shifting slightly, "What's the album called?" She asked.

"AM." He told her, nodding gently, and leaving. 

The moment the door shut behind him, and the loudness of their voices talking outside her apartment went away, she tested out the word for herself, "AM." She whispered to no one.

Without hesitation, she ran to one of her many shelves, and began to get her pencils and sketchbook out.

Alexander Turner's POV:

The moment he shut the door, Alex joined the Monkeys on the landing below him. Matt rubbed his hands together, "So boys what did you think of my sister?"

"I think we should invite her out for a drink with us tomorrow." Alex piped up, in between all the comments of "Nice" and "Pretty".

"Speaking of which," Jamie turned to him, "We have voted to send you round tomorrow round about 12, to fill Y/N in on the album." 

"How's that fair?! Shouldn't Matt do it?" He protested.

"Yes, I should..." Matt did a weighing action with his hands, "But at the same time, you're the writer, so you know the ins and outs of this album." 

"It's not even finished yet!" He tried to find someone to back him up. He didn't know why he didn't want to go alone, he just didn't.

"Listen, tomorrow, all morning, you can either be in the studio, or you can spend time with Matt's sister and maybe finish off the album? What ya gonna choose mate?" Nick nudged him, as they walked down the apartment stairs.

"Not gonna lie, I think I'd rather be with Y/N." He admitted.

"See!" Jamie cracked a grin, "It's not gonna be so bad, besides she's a nice girl!"

"That's exactly it-" he hissed, under his breath so that Matt wouldn't hear them, "She's too nice, and...she's gorgeous!" 

"Al, you barely know her, keep your trousers on mate." Jamie's grin got bigger as he teased his friend.

"Shut the fuck up Cookie." Alex hissed, walking through the apartment block's carpark.

"Yeah yeah."