Chapter Thirty-Two

The tour crept up on them, and before she knew it Y/N had two days to pack her bags. Her photography skills had indeed gotten much better, as planned, and she could now confidently take photos. Her camera roll was mostly filled with The Monkeys and Alexa, so she had to buy a new memory card and store away the other one in a safe place.

Y/N was aware of how much space she had to pack so only took her most comfortable clothes and shoes, one nice dress and one pair of matching heels. After folding everything neatly she raided her bathroom for everything she would need and sealed it away inside the pockets of her suitcase. She made sure she had her phone charger, headphones, a pencil case filled to the brim with pens, rubbers, pencils and sharpeners and also two empty sketchbooks. She accompanied these with her camera, gently nestled between her clothes with an extra strap and a lens cleaner.

When Y/N was finally done, she nodded and sighed in a "finally" way as she zipped up her suitcase and left it by the door. She checked over everything once again and made sure she had her bank card, passport and backpack on the counter. Her jacket was thrown over the back of her sofa, and she could easily pick it up on her way out of the flat. 

To say she slept well that night was an understatement. She barely saw anyone the next day, and spent it pottering around her apartment, making sure everything was in its place and the apartment was neat before she had to leave it early in the morning. Y/N went to bed early, and got up at 5:30. She was out of the bathroom by quarter to six, in comfy clothes by twenty past, and ready to go at six thirty, a piece of toast still hanging out her mouth. 

She rolled her suitcase behind her, jacket and backpack on her back and her phone tucked away in her pocket. It buzzed once and she checked it to see a text from Alex announcing that they were waiting for her. She nodded and descended down the stairs and into the parking lot. 

This time, she wasn't greeted by the normal van. She was greeted by a van sent by a company, ready to drive them to the airport and take them away to their first destination. It struck her then, as she handed her suitcase over to the driver and climbed in the back next to Jamie and Alex, that she didn't actually know where they were headed.

Alex greeted her with a quick sweet peck and then asked her how she was.

"Tired." She answered.

Alex laughed quietly, "Yeah me too. Not been up this early in forever." He stretched his arms over his head and yawned. His hair was fluffy and she could see from his eyes that he wasn't all there. Still half-asleep. 

The driver's door opened and before she knew it, they were on their way to the airport. Everyone in the car talked nonsense, adrenaline running through their veins...that is everyone but her and Alex who were half asleep, leaning on each other.

"Ugh, our first stop is Canada, then we move down to America, and then south America, then we go round Europe and Asia and then Australia and back to the UK." Jamie announced, reading out the paper that he clutched in his hands. (btw this is based on nothing whatsoever) 

Y/N and Alex both made an "Ok" grunt and fell back asleep. As she shut her eyes, she was briefly aware of hushed chanting, "do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!" And then the noise of a camera and giggles. 

What the boys had done wouldn't click until later, until then she was too tired to care.

***

"Are you alright love?" Alex asked, leaning over his seat and checking on Y/N.

After going through the airport, the two of them were now seriously awake. On the plane, Y/N and Alex had managed to get a seat next to each other, and Matt made a comment about "Not snogging for the whole entire trip" to which she laughed loudly.

People shuffled up and down the isles, putting their bags away and waiting for the plane to take off, and when it finally did she found herself gripping Alex's hand, the feeling of her ears popping making her very uncomfortable. They had forgotten to bring mints. (btw for anyone who doesn't get this, when you're on a plane, to stop your ears popping suck on a hard-boiled sweet)

***

The plane landed smoothly, making the people do a ceremonial cheer and making Alex sniff in slight amusement. Throughout the whole entire flight, Nick and Jamie were arguing over silly childish games like Rock-Paper-Scissors or Tic-Tac-Toe while Matt snored loudly next to them. Y/N and Alex spent their time flirting innocently, reading their comics together and staring out the window in awe.

It didn't take them long to get out the airport, and in the lobby they met with The Monkey's manager. He shook all their hands, including hers and then dragged them outside and pushed them all into a taxi to take them to their hotel. Apparently, their first performance was tonight, and they only had so long to get into their hotel rooms, take a shower, get dressed and get dinner before heading to the venue early.

The hotel was nice. Not simple but not complicated. It was a hotel. It had a dining room, bedrooms, a pool and a few other bits and pieces you expect from a hotel. They were all paired into their rooms, and discovered that all their rooms were in a straight line next to each other. Y/N and Alex were paired together which made Nick, who got the room next to them, raise his eyebrows, insinuating something dirty before groaning, realising what that meant for him. 

Alex laughed, as Y/N tried not to giggle and soon they were all escorted to their rooms.

A/N: if you enjoy this story, I have oneshots, and I also have another Alex Turner X reader going on. It's a Villain X hero (gone bad) AU and I started it recently. It hasn't got a cover as my phone is broken, and it's called "You're So Dark Babe"