Chapter Forty Two

They finished the end of what they were watching, when Alex offered to get up and make the two of them dinner.

Y/N followed him into the kitchen, sitting down on one of the stools and watching him work, when it came to her what they should do tomorrow.

"We should invite everyone around to watch a film!" She gasped, "Stock up on Popcorn, sweets, crisps, chocolate and alcohol and have a nice night."

Alex's head turned around to look at her, smiling, "Sounds like a good idea."

She smiled back, and he turned around again. A few minutes past and nothing was said, so Y/N got up and went to get her art supplies. Just the minimum this time, pencil, book and rubber.

She sat back down at the table and got to sketching. It was gonna be Alex from a couple of mornings ago. They'd had a fun night, and when they woke up, the sun was a golden light coming in through the window. It was a crisp January winter morning, but cuddled up in the sheets, it didn't feel like it.

The golden light hit Alex's face perfectly, lighting up his messy light brown hair, casting shadows that complimented his face, and when he opened his eyes the sun made them a golden chocolatey mess.

She was halfway through sketching it, when she looked up at him, still cooking away, and she said three words out of the blue, "I love you."

Alex smiled and turned to face her, "I love you too." He grinned before turning back to the food he was making.

Y/N smiled to herself, laughing at the warm fuzzy feeling, and finished off her sketching.

When the food was done, she got out the plates and the knives and forks and set them all out. She poured a drink for herself and Alex, and soon they were sitting down together, just enjoying each other's company.

They talked for a bit, and when they were done, Alex got up and took the bowls to the sink. He ran a bit of hot water and left them in the sink, before returning to Y/N. Before he sat down he gently caressed her face before leaning down and kissing her.

She returned the kiss with a smile, pulling him down for more until he was practically sitting in her lap. Carefully, Y/N's hand crept up too his hair, gently pulling it.

The make out session lasted for maybe five minutes, Alex sitting on Y/N's lap all throughout it and Y/N leading it, pulling his hair back slightly and gently kissing down his neck every now and then.

But gradually it turned into a hug, Alex just sitting in Y/N's lap, giggling away at the shit jokes she made and playful banter. Eventually, they moved to the sofa, and sat there watching whatever was on TV. Y/N's eyes were glued to the TV as she sat in Alex's arms, until he tapped her on the shoulder and waved his phone about, "I invited everyone over for tomorrow." He grinned.

Y/N smiled, turning in his arms, "Guess that means we'll have to go shopping in the morning." she leaned up to kiss him, before climbing off and stretching her arms above her head, "I think I'm gonna head to bed, you coming?" 

Alex lifted the hand that held his phone slightly, "I just have a quick phone call to make and I'll be in as soon as possible." 

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, "This late? She questioned.

"It's just important is all." Alex was a terrible liar. It wasn't his tone of voice or his body that gave it away, he was just bad at lying. Y/N sighed, knowing he was bluffing, but none the less she kissed him on the cheek and went to bed. 

She had the intention of staying awake to hear the supposed phone call, but the moment her head hit the pillow she was asleep. 

***

Alex hung up the phone, casting a long glance towards the bedroom in which Y/N was asleep. He sighed as he thought of her and the conversation he had just had. The last few words rang in his head like an echo, or a broken record: 

"everything's ready?...Yeah I know it's only a few weeks away which is why I'm asking...No, no, I'm not gonna do it onstage. Too much pressure...alright then...

See you at Glastonbury."