Chapter Eight

When she was finally convinced that the man couldn't find them, that they were far away enough, she stopped running.

She turned to Alex who could only whisper, "Holy shit!" Over and over again with a huge grin on his face, "You were absolutely brilliant!"

Y/N barely had time to say thanks before her phone began ringing. Matt's contact appeared and she answered it.

"Y/N..." he started off sweet and gentle, "some guy just walked in yelling about a guy with long hair and some girl that just punched him in the face and legged it!"

"Oh-" she faltered, "Yes that was us. We ran, and uh, I don't know where exactly we are." She said, looking around for a location sign.

"How about you and Al make your way back to your apartment because, not gonna lie, don't think this guy is gonna be leaving any time soon." Matt said. She could hear some shouting down his end of the phone, "Just stay safe okay." He finished.

"Okay." She nodded, despite him not being able to see her and he hung up.

"What did he say?" Alex pulled out another cigarette in replacement of the one he had dropped when they were running.

She began to go through her phone to find the maps, "Matt said that the guy I punched isn't leaving the pub anytime soon and we should make it back to my apartment."

Alex nodded, and held a cigarette out to
Y/N, which she declined, "Sounds good."

Finally she found her apartment on the map and switched hands so she could hold her phone with only one. With the other she began to go through her pockets go see if she had any money. She discovered she had a £20 note in one of her pockets and cheered silently.

"Chippy?" She asked him, waving the £20 note.

"Hell yeah!" Alex said, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Good. Let's get walking." She said, and they began to walk side by side, conversing every day things, moving onto their jobs and finally onto the album.

"I mean..we have a few songs recorded...a few but half of them ain't even written yet...I need inspiration...some sort of muse. And I seem to have lost it.." he sighed at the end. They were beginning to enter the row of shops that stayed open until the early hours of the morning with their neon lights that advertised the fact that they sell chicken.

"So find it again!" She prompted him, as they began to walk down said street.

"I think I might've...I mean I'm not to sure...I barely know them yet but so far they're brilliant! In everything they do!" He noticed that he'd started rambling and quickly changed the subject, "In two weeks time I'm getting a "makeover" for the new album."

"Oo, what's your new style gonna be?" She asked him, wiggling her eyebrows and choosing a fish and chip shop.

"For some reason I'm thinking leather jackets and gelled hair." He answered, following her into the shop.

"I think it would look good on you Turner.." she smiled, and then faltered, "N-Not that you don't look good bu-"

"It's okay Y/N." He said between laughing.

The man behind the counter had notice the two of them walk in, and also noticed that they weren't looking at the menu, "Aye, are you two love-birds gonna order?"

Their eyes went wide as they tried say something along the lines of, "No we're not together." But instead, through all the mumbling one of them managed to say, "Fish and chips please, one bag and two cans of coke."

The man cackled and went and got the order.

Y/N placed the money on the counter and they both got out of their as soon as possible, still feeling embarrassed about being mistaken for a couple.

"Alright I think my place is just around the corner from here." She nodded, following her map.

After a bit of walking, she knew where they were and put her phone away. The two of them walked in comfortable silence, just enjoying the cold bitter night.

They reached her apartment, and the two of them huddled into the doorway as she tried to open it. One of her neighbours passed, an old lady, and before Y/N could say hi, the old lady said teasingly, "Don't be too loud now you two, I need my sleep!"

Y/N quickly went to correct her, "Oh no, we're not-"

"It's alright dears, I was the same when I was your age." She finished and left, shuffling down the corridor and humming something.

"I'm sorry about that." She looked at him and winced slightly. Finally she had the door open.

As they stepped inside he looked completely calm, "It's not an issue, honestly." At least this was an improvement from the two red faces at the chip shop.

You set the bag down on the counter and opened it up, so that the fish and chips sat on the greasy paper in the open air.
Alex grabbed the two cans of coke from the bag and set them on the table, while she went and got any sauces they might want.

They both sat down at the counter, and began to talk the night away, starting with one simple sentence,

"Tell me more about your "Muse"."