Chapter Nine

Halfway through the night Alex and her had decided on a movie to watch, some kids cartoon about a guy with a big blue head, something easy to sit in the background that they could talk over.

They talked about the bands they liked, discovered that they both liked The Strokes and a few other bands like The Killers.

They talked about Art, their favourite artists modern and new.

They talked about literature, what books they found most interesting, Edgar Allen Poe, H.P Lovecraft, Oscar Wilde.

They talked about their political views.

In summary, they talked about anything and everything until one of them finally started feeling tired.

At some point during the night, Alex had tied up his hair. And at some point after it, he had fallen asleep on Y/N's shoulder. In the end, she rested her head on his head and quickly fell asleep.

But she woke up at around 4:03 AM when she could feel Alex moving underneath her. He had moved off her and onto the rest of the sofa, curling up in some sort of ball of hair and legs.

She stretched in her place and grabbed a blanket from the other chair in the room. She spread it over Alex, and gently flipped on a small light, just enough to illuminate her journey to the kitchen, where she made herself a cup of tea and went to sit by her window. She opened it up a crack, just enough to let the cold London air in.

She just watched cars go by, people walk down streets and the odd animal cross the road.

She enjoyed the isolation. But she wasn't alone. There was still Alex sleeping on her sofa.
Alex.

Her head turned slightly too look at him, his face resting peacefully. He looked fragile, innocent almost.

"I know you're watching me." She heard him mumble, turning over into the side of the sofa.

"..." she didn't say anything, just rapidly turned her head back to the window.

She heard a low chuckle come from him, and couldn't help a small smile.

**********************

The next morning, Alex was up before her. He was sitting on the sofa excitedly watching Cartoons, cross legged, his hair still tied up and a look of pure excitement on his face.

Y/N went to sleep the rest of the night in her bedroom, and soon joined Alex in watching cartoons. They got into the trivia of it all, sharing facts and 'Easter eggs' with each other.

They were giggling and spewing random information about every character. Suddenly she realised that they hadn't eaten since last night.

"Oh shit! Do you want some breakfast?" She asked, standing up and making her way into the kitchen.

Both of them were still in their clothes from last night, and she felt stiff as she walked into the kitchen, Alex following behind her.

"You got any cereal?" He asked, pulling his hair out of the bun he had put it in. It fell down his shoulders, curly, unlike it was normally.

"Ah, yeah, in the cupboard." She pointed to a cupboard as she got out two spoons and two bowls.

Alex grabbed the milk from the fridge and was about to bring it over when his phone went off and he started chuckling to himself, "Nick says they all have hangovers."

She rolled her eyes and laughed, "Of course they do...lucky we had to leave."

"Apparently they were out until 3!" He laughed, putting the milk down on the side and grabbing (cereal).

They made themselves a bowl each, and returned to the sofa to watch cartoons.
Suddenly Alex's phone went off again, "Have to take this." He murmured.

He excused himself and stood in her corridor to answer the call, which mostly consisted of "Uh huh....yeah.....yeah...no, I'm at Matt's sister's....her name? Y/N Helders...sounds pretty, she is pretty!....I got the day off!...cheers mate."

When he came back in, he launched himself back on the sofa, "I have the day off, wanna go out? My turn to take you out."

"I don't think fish and chips counts as taking someone out Alex." She giggled.

He tilted his head from side to side, "No...but I'd like to take you out. So how about after this, I'll go back to my place, get dressed all fancy and shit and we go out like I suggested?"

She looked at him disapprovingly, and eventually gave in, "Fine."