Chapter Twenty-Three

As planned, Y/N did take a bath that evening. She spent a bit of time reading a book she picked up and eventually fell asleep on the sofa. She woke up in the hourly hours of the morning and took herself to her bed, and finally, when she woke up in the morning, roughly 7:30.

She did everything she normally did, took a shower and made some breakfast, read a book and set up her record player before the clock reached 11. The night before, her and Alexa had spent a bit longer on the phone and had decided which cafe they were too meet at, and had decided on a small "Sally's" type place on the main road a few streets over. 

Apparently, Alexa lived close as well. Y/N was oddly excited to meet her, and finally left her home at 11:30. Somehow, she was still carrying her camera with her as she hadn't actually had the chance to take any photos. She had snapped a few the other day, but they weren't any good. They had no subject or story to tell.

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice a brunette woman waving at her and offering her hand, "I'm Alexa, lovely too meet you."

"Y/N." She happily shook her hand and smiled at Alexa. How was she so much prettier in person?!, "Before we start, I just wanted to say thank you for your statement in that shitty article. You've got balls, I could never." 

Alexa gave her a smile. A genuine smile and a carefree laugh, before guiding Y/N into the small cafe they were standing outside. They sat down and began to talk. At some point Alexa made a "The Press are gonna be losing their shit over this." comment and Y/N laughed.

"Alex says shit like that all the time." She took a drink of her coffee.

"He never did that with me. He must really care about you." Alexa smiled in a friendly way. There was nothing but happiness behind it and Y/N knew she meant it...but she still felt awkward.

"Sorry...I didn't mean to-" She was cut off by Alexa.

"No! No! Don't apologise. Me and Al ended on good terms. It was coming to an end and if we had left it any longer, it could've been a lot less of a happy ending. I have no problem with talking about him if you don't?" Alexa seemed almost panicked now, as if to stop Y/N from worrying.

Y/N laughed, and relaxed, "No point avoiding the elephant in the room.." 

Alexa sat back in her chair, threw one of her arms up and laughed, a brilliant smile gracing her face, "Exactly!" 

And from then on, the conversation went smoothly. They talked about everything and hit it off instantly. There wasn't a single awkward moment past that. 

When they went to pay for what the had ordered, Y/N had left her bag open, and Alexa had spotted her camera. "You do photography?" She seemed excited.

Y/N tilted her head from side to side, "I'm new to it...but yes. I'm mostly an artist. Don't let anyone in on this but I did the art for AM."

"Oh!" Alexa's eyes lit up, "Whenever Alex texts me, he's always talking about their photographer. Saying that they also did the art and that they're brilliant. It's you, isn't it?"

Her face turned red and Alexa sniggered at her, "I knew it!"

She placed her hands over her face in a childish way, "Please...he didn't actually, did he?"

"I can show you the texts." Alexa was losing it, laughing away at Y/N's reaction.

The waiter returned with their receipts, and they payed their amounts before leaving. They began to walk up the main road, just chatting, "So how long have you done photography for?"

Y/N made an "eeehh" sound, "I'm actually quite new to it. I have an online course in a few days, and I took a few classes when I was younger so I know a bit. I've never actually managed to get anything good. Don't have a model." She sighed.

"I'll do it if you want?" Alexa shrugged, and then panicked, "I don't mean that in the 'ooo look at me I'm pretty take photos of me' way, I mean it in the 'if you ever need a hand or a reference then hi' way." She explained.

Y/N smiled, and pulled out her camera, showing she was up for it. Alexa nodded, "Just say where you want me." 

"Just where you are but look away from me." She instructed her and flipped a few dials before taking the photo. She pulled away to look at it and was actually shocked. It looked amazing. How did she take such a brilliant photo?!

Alexa had ran around her shoulder to take a look and was also taken aback, "Woah...that's one hell of a lie you just told me or one hell of a natural talent. Mind being my photographer too?" 

Y/N laughed and that is how they spent the rest of the day until 2:30 when they were disrupted by Alex ringing her phone, asking to face time. Before she picked up she waved Alexa over and showed her Alex was calling. The idea was to surprise him.

She answered and he was the first to speak, "Hiya love- hey, where are you?"

He had a look of confusion on his face and his eyes went wide when she turned the camera around to show Alexa. "I might have to leave you for her." She laughed, as Alexa waved and joined around the other side so she could turn the camera around.

"It's not worth it." Alex joked and Y/N broke into laughter.

Alex sighed, "Well it's nice too see my friends hanging out." He smiled, "However this is just a check in, and I must go."

"Alright, see you soon! Bye love!" She smiled as he went to hang up.

"Love you! Bye!" And then he hung up.

Y/N's eyes went wide and she turned to Alexa quickly, "He said Love you. What do I do?! What do I do?! I didn't say it back!" 

Alexa quickly rushed out, "Do you love him?"

"Yes!" 

"Well then no issue!" And the conversation continued in a funny state of panic.

Alex's POV:

He froze the moment he hung up. He accidentally said "love you". He meant it, but he panicked.

"Alex mate, you okay?" Jamie came in, swinging his guitar round without any caution.

Alex swallowed, "Yep." And followed Jamie out the room.