Chapter Ten

It didn't take her long to get into something nice.

She wore (outfit (because idk what styles ppl are and there's only once in this book imma choose for you))

And when she was done, she joined Alex in her living room, where he was waiting for her, scribbling something in his notebook.

"You got a middle name?" He asked her curiously, "Or a nickname or something?"

She was putting on her shoes and when she heard the question she sighed, "Arabella. I hate it though."

"Why? Its beautiful!" He protested, scribbling down one last bit and closing his notebook.

She shrugged, not answering his question. She didnt have a reason, she just didn't like the name. It had always been used against her, when Matt would call her "Ara" to piss her off, her parents only called her "Arabella" when they wanted a favour. They thought she liked the name more than Y/N.

"Alright, its about a five minute walk to my house if we go the back way, and it should take me ten minutes to get ready." He nodded. She nodded with him, and they left the house.

One of them was well dressed for a wintery spring day, while the other one looked a wreck.

She didn't care though.

All that mattered was she had Ale-

She had almost stepped into the road. Too caught up in her own thoughts to mind where she was going. She hadn't heard any of Alex's words, but she felt his hand grab hers and pull her back.

"Sorry!" She quickly said as he squeezed her hand.

"Caught in your own head?" He asked, smiling sympathetically.

"Yeah...a little.." she confessed.

"Its fine I do it all the time." He said and the continued walking.

But this time, he didn't let go of her hand, and she didn't let go of his. And for the first time around him, she felt butterflies in her stomach, serious, actual butterflies. The feeling was so intense it was making her slightly dizzy.

She pushed the feeling down and continued walking with him, letting him guide her.

They finally reached his house, and he invited her in.

"It's not great, sorta in the mess of packing for tour for when we're going abroad, but its home." He nodded to his surroundings and she took them in.

There was a sofa, and a TV. The kitchen was connected to the living room, and was mainly made up of a small fridge, a cooker, a sink, a microwave and a kettle. There was barely any room on the counters.

There was also a small bathroom downstairs which was just to your right as you walked in. Alex stood at the bottom of the stairs, "I'll be back in a minute, make yourself at home."

"Go, go, get ready!" She pushed him up the stairs slightly. He playfully rolled his eyes and ran upstairs. She went and sat on the sofa, just going through her phone. She heard a bit of banging and falling around upstairs and couldn't help but laugh.

She continued going through her phone and froze when she saw an article.

"Arctic Monkey's, Alex Turner seen with girl. New romance?

The Arctic Monkey's frontman has been spotted with a new girl in the late hours of the night. According to our source they went into a local Fish And Chips shop, before going to one of their houses.

Could this be a new romance for the singer?"

Underneath was a picture of them both.

She took her time save the article, making a mental note to show Alex when he came downstairs, which happened soon after.

He came tumbling down the stairs in a pair of fresh jeans, a fresh shirt and a leather jacket. His hair was wet, and he quickly pulled on a pair of shoes, "Ready to go love?"

She held her phone out to him, "You might want to see this."

He took the phone, read some of the article under his breath and shrugged, handing it back to her,  "Let's give them some more photos to take then." He had a smug grin on.

She looked at him, just studying him in silence, before nodding and leaving the house. Alex followed behind her.

"So, where we going?" She asked.

"That's for me to know and for you too find out."

"Bastard."

"Damn right."

(Short chapter today but imma try and update more!)