Chapter Twelve.

Since their visit to The National, and their lunch at that small restaurant, Y/N hadn't seen Alex in roughly a week.
They had ended the day with a small kiss on the cheek, which left her wondering.

She had talked to Matt, who told her that Alex wouldn't shut up about some mystery girl, and refused to tell anyone her name.
He said she was perfect but he hadn't know her for long.

She just shrugged it off. She couldn't get connected...until she got a call from Alex, "Hey are you home?"

"Yeah, why?" She was just making herself a cup of tea. It was around about 2 in the afternoon.

"I'm round the corner. Do you mind?" He asked. She could hear him walking through a busy place, lots of people in the background.

"No! Not at all!" She said, putting her phone on speaker and stirring her tea.

"Good. I have something I want to show you." He told her, and then hung up.

She waited for a bit, just leaned on the counter and listened to the silence. Until it was split by two knocks on her door.

She opened it, expecting Alex, and her expectations being met. But he looked different. His hair...he had cut it!

"Wow..." she looked at him, as he held out his arms and spun around.

"What do you think love?" He grinned, stepping inside her apartment.

"You look so different! In a good way!" She rushed. His hair had been shaved at the side, and left long ontop for it to be gelled back into a quiff with a cuff of hair hanging in front of his forehead.

He seemed different too, more confident in himself, "So guess what?"

"What?" She asked, sitting down on one of her stools.

"Finished the album." He laughed and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Did you?" She hummed.

He sat on the back of the sofa, still facing her, "I did!"

"And who are most of the songs about?"
She smirked, trying to get it out of him.

It was on the tip of his tongue, but instead he pushed it away, "Wanna go out again today?"

"Eh sure, why not?" She got up, and went to put on some shoes and a coat.

"Where you wanna go?" He asked, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter and just holding it.

"Well it's the first actually nice day for a while. Why don't we go to the park or something outdoors." She suggested.

Suddenly he had an idea, "Do you know how to roller skate?" He asked.

She shrugged, "Yeah."

"You got a pair?"

"Yeah."

"Then go get them, " he told her, proudly putting his hands on his hips, "we are going roller skating.