Chapter Thirty-Nine

erm- 15K views exqueeze me-

anyways sorry for not updating enjoy that picture ^^

And so that was how the rest of the tour went. Eight weeks of pools, crowds and alcohol.
There were plenty of photos taken, after parties and cracking hangovers. When they visited Italy, she went out and bought Alex a nice ring to add to his collection, gifting it to him when she got back to the hotel. Y/N had yet to see him take if off his finger, and he often argued that it reminded him of her when she couldn't be with them onstage. That made her smile whenever she thought about it.

But when the tour was drawing to a close, she found herself relieved. The last show was in Sheffield, and then they were free. Y/N had made quite a bit of money from doing the cover of AM and from videos and photos, more than she had ever made as a failed artist, and she was doing quite well for herself.

Throughout the tour, photos of her and Alex had circled the internet. Her favourites were pictures from the release party. She did admit the green dress looked great on her and she'd wear it again at any chance she could.

The articles said that Y/N and Alex had been together for two months, but when she counted it all up, it was in fact five months and a few weeks. The idea of being with him for five months made her giddy.

And so did the final show. She'd been relieved of her camera woman duties and had been told to just enjoy the concert. Y/N would've noticed Alex staring at her for most of it, had she not been so busy dancing.

She only took notice when there was a longer than usual pause between the songs. Solid eye contact was made, and she tilted her head to ask Alex what was going on. He smirked, and lifted the microphone to his lips, "This next one is for my girlfriend...because I'm not to sure she knows..." he ran a hand through his hair, grinning like a mad man, "But damn she looks good on the dancefloor."

The opening to I Bet You'd Look Good On The Dancefloor started, the crowd going wild. But Y/N could only stand there, shocked. Eventually, she regained her senses and returned to her dancing, throwing her head about and lifting her arms.

It made Alex happy to see her enjoying herself.

The show ended with Crying Lightning and Old Yellow Bricks before Alex said goodnight to the crowd, Nick nodded in agreement and Matt stuck his middle finger up making everyone laugh. Jamie went round to whack him on the back of the head, before they left the stage. Everyone cheered and filtered out into the main lobby, but Y/N was told by a security guard to wait where she was. So she did.

And in minutes, Alex was back on the empty stage, running across it to get to her, "Ugh I missed you so much doll." He said, wrapping his arms around her in a loving hug.

"You were staring at me the whole time." She giggled, "I was right there with you." She pulled away from the hug and put her hands on his face.

"Yeah, but I couldn't hug you or kiss you." He pouted, and she shook her head before giving in and kissing him gently. Before it could go any further, they were pulled back onto the stage and through the wings by Matt and Nick, telling them that "The sooner you get home the sooner you can fuck."

Which made everyone hearing the ordeal laugh.

It was a mess. A blur of chaos. Instruments packed messily into bags, jackets hurriedly thrown over shoulders and suitcases wheeled out. It didn't take as long as she thought, especially with the boys rushing to get home.

They all got their individual Taxis, and as Y/N and Alex were saying goodbye with a long hug, he asked her something, "Y/N?"

"Mhm?"

"I know we've seen a lot of each other but will you stay the night at mine? It's become... hard to sleep without you next to me." His head was buried into her neck, so it was kind of hard to hear what he was saying as he mumbled against her skin.

She gently rubbed his back, "Alex, say that again a bit clearer."

He pulled away and blurted out, "Come home with me?"

She was pleasantly surprised, and placed her hands either side of his head, "I would, but you need sleep more than anyone else at the moment." She pulled down his head and kissed his forehead.

"I don't mean for sex. I mean to sleep. To have you there with me." He insisted.

She couldn't say no to him. He was her biggest weakness.

And that is how she ended up falling asleep on Alex's living room floor while resting on him.

****

From the way that Alex and Y/N had slept it resulted in the two of them being stiff the next morning: Y/N's neck was suffering greatly and Alex could barely lift his right arm. It took her long enough to get out of his arms and shake him awake. Both of them were a mess. It was the first full night of sleep they'd had in two months and they'd slept well into the afternoon. Somehow they were both still tired, but couldn't get back to sleep.

"Lazy day?" Alex murmured, rubbing his eyes.

Y/N had pulled herself off Al and was sitting cross legged by his side, "Yeah, that'd be nice." 

He pushed himself off the floor, groaning slightly, "Tea?"  

"Please.." she smiled, and her head fell to her shoulder as he walked to the kitchen. With the click of the kettle, Y/N got up and sorted out the room, throwing pillows and blankets onto the sofa and finding the TV remote. 

She quickly threw herself onto the sofa with them, before burying herself in a pile of blankets and flicking on the TV.  There was some clinking from the kitchen and then Alex joined her. He placed her mug on the small table and sat himsel next to her, stealing some of the blankets she had wrapped herself in.

"What we watching?" He asked, sipping his tea gently as she reached for hers.

"Not to sure. It's just afternoon movies?" She picked up the remote and clicked a button, the title of the film came up, some sort of animation.

Alex chuckled as she nodded at the screen, and then placed his cup down. He pulled Y/N towards him, letting her lean on his chest as they watched the movie. She could feel every breath he took and she could hear his heart, pounding away at his ribcage. It was surprisingly comforting. If it had been anyone else she probably would've been overheating, and incredibly uncomfortable.

"I love you." Slipped past her lips, quiet and almost not there.

"I love you too." Alex chuckled slightly, kissing Y/N's cheek. They returned to their movie.