Chapter Forty

😬 roughly five more chapters until the end...nooooooo

It had been a few weeks since the lazy day Y/N and Alex had spent together. They spent the last few weeks flitting in between each other's places, spending time alone and hanging out with their friends. They'd spent plenty of time with The band, Alexa and Miles, and way too much time with each other.

To add onto that, AM was getting excellent reviews, through the roof, and being called, "Arctic Monkeys' best work to date". Y/N listened to it on repeat whenever Alex wasn't there, and watched every interview that they were doing after the tour. In most of them, he talked about her. Discretely of course, just referring to her as his "Muse". But they gave her butterflies. The way he would talk about her with a fond smile and a glint in his eye.

One of her favourite memories was an early morning. They had accidentally left the blinds open and had been woken up by a soft blue light, gently shifting to gold. Y/N was the first one awake, rolling over and lifting her arms above her head to stretch. Alex quickly followed, and soon they were in each others arms, giggling softly and exchanging lazy kisses.

They went up his neck, to his jaw and then he made a joke about something and she laughed quietly as his hands played with her hair.

Six months. That's roughly how long it had been since they had started seeing each other. Time had flown, as it does when you're having fun.

The tour felt like it was so far away, the two months of eating fast food and sleeping on a plastic bed long forgotten, now replaced with soft bed sheets and decent, homemade meals.

Y/N and Alex took turns cooking. Turns out Alex was quite a good baker. Biscuits, cakes and pastries, whereas Y/N was more on the savoury side. Meat, vegetables and spices.

Halfway through the year, The Monkeys were asked to perform on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury. Adrenaline fueled her veins when she heard the news, despite the fact that it was in a year and that it wasn't even her band going to perform. She just felt excited for them. Y/N had been to Glastonbury once or twice, and she knew that the Pyramid stage was the biggest stage you could get. To perform there, on that stage, meant you were big.

She had no doubt in her mind that they would smash it.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm tryna drag out the ending because I dont want it to endddd