16. A 'Small' Favour

Melissa hardly slept last night, she was way too scared of hallucinating again and seeing what she saw before, the image of them together was stuck in her head. She couldn't stop thinking about them, together. It was so real it's like, a nightmare but happening right in front of her eyes, so close she could feel it going through her head and sending shivers down her spine.

For most of the night she was thinking of what to say to Jade, or even how to find her. Obviously she wasn't just going to go up to her and say,
'Oh hey Jade nice to see you, can u brew me this potion please'
because that just wouldn't work, Melissa had to convince Jade to do it and they're complete enemies so even after they found her it would be hard to get her to say yes. Jade put the spell on Melissa for a reason so Melissa knew she was going to go through with it. Even though she wasn't going to be doing it on her own she was still nervous about the outcome. It started to make her feel a bit nauseous throughout the night.

She did feel a bit better when she remember Fred was going to be there with her when she does it, holding her hand, making sure that Jade does what they need to do. Plus Jade has a huge crush on Fred so, it could make it easier for them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, darling. It's time to wake up." Fred walked into Melissa's room his gorgeous ginger hair still messy as he ran his fingers through it, the top button of his shirt was undone and he tie was all wonky. Melissa turned over to face him standing at the door.
"I couldn't sleep." She rubbed her eyes from tiredness, "I'm so tired but I stopped myself sleeping because, I'm scared Freddie." Fred walked over the her and sat on the edge of the bed putting his arm around her and resting her head on his shoulder.
"It's gonna be okay. Remember, everything you see if fake. We'll get to Jade and get her to brew it." He softly said to her, resting his head on hers.
"Promise?"
"I promise." He took her head in his hands kissing her softly on the lips.
"Now, all my lessons are right next door to yours okay. So when your first lesson ends follow Jade out. Don't let her out of your sight. I'll be right out." He said to her.
"Okay. Thank you Freddie." He smiled and pulled her into a big hug resting his chin on the top of her head.
"Let's go get some breakfast." Melissa said pulling out of their hug. She smiled and Fred took her hand leading her out the door into the Great Hall.

They both sat with their friends who were all making sure Melissa was okay after the night she had. All of them afterwards were having a nice breakfast together laughing and joking with each other. Melissa wasn't thinking about her hallucinations or the things she had to say to Jade, nothing. She was deep in conversation and laughter with her friends.

That was until she looked at the door, this girl was walking down the isle with her robes flowing smoothly behind her. She was... pretty, really pretty. She looked very confident and independent. Melissa had the idea that it was someone new to the school, until she looked up... Jade. Jade had entered the Great Hall for the first time in weeks. She looked, different, she looked more powerful, scary. She had a very intimidating resting bitch face. Jade carried on walking down the isle and sat in a small space on the bench by herself with no one around. Everyone was looking at her because they hadn't seen her in the hall for weeks. She was always somewhere else during breaks, never in the hall.

"Freddie." Melissa nudged Fred getting his attention off of Jade returning.
"Yeah?" He turned around.
"She knows, that's why she's here. She knows we need to speak to her."
"That's a good thing isn't it? We don't have to go look for her now."
"Yeah but also don't you get it? She wants something Fred, she's gonna do it but there's gonna be a price to pay. I'm calling it."
"We'll see."
"Come on, let's go speak to her now we have the chance."

They both got off the bench and went and sat across from her. Jade looked them in the eyes and said.
"I knew you were going to come over."
"I know what you've done." Anger started flowing through Fred changing the tone in his voice. "You put a hallucination spell on my girlfriend!"
Jade let out a small chuckle.
"Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't." Melissa slammed her hands into the table and pointed her finger up to Jade's face.
"Listen here asshole! You know what you did! And you know what you have to do to stop it! Everyone else may be scared of you but me? No way in HELL am I scared of you!"
"Oi! I'd watch your tone if I was you Clarke, do you really want the potion brewing?" Melissa groaned and lowered her finger pointing to Jade's face.
"Hm. That's what I thought." Fred let out a small sigh, dropping his head and running his fingers through his soft golden hair.
"Are you gonna do it not?" He said. Jade slowly turned her head to Fred looking him up and down.
"Fine. But! There's something I need from you before I brew it."
"Told you!" Melissa said.
"Ugh, what is it?"
"Just telling you guys this isn't going to be easy."
"Great." Melissa was starting to give up. Fred held her hand under the table, making sure not to let go.
"I want you to go into the room of requirement and collect a ring. The ring is silver and had a gold rose imprinted on the inside."
"And why do you need that?" Melissa asked. Jade slowly put her head up turning to Melissa.
"It's my mother's. She lost it when she was here at Hogwarts. It got lost and thrown into to room of requirement. One of the only rooms in Hogwarts that any student is forbidden to go in."
"Then why are you sending us in!"
"Because Melissa, if you get caught I won't be the one getting expelled. You guys will be."
"EXPELLED!" She shouted.
"Yes, expelled."
"Wha-" Jade giggled picking up her book and standing up from the bench. Jade leaned over coming face to face with Melissa.
"I want it by Friday. Or no. Potion." She smiled and walked out off the Great Hall without turning back.
"I- I don't know if i wanna do this babe." Melissa leaned onto Fred.
"It's okay, we've got this. We have 3 and a bit days."
"No it's not the days i'm worried about, it's the getting caught."
"Oh. We could go at night when everyone's asleep."
"Oh my God YES! Your a genius Freddie!" She kissed him on the cheek and hugged him tightly.
"Okay meet me in the common room at 9pm, no later!"
"I'll be there darling." Melissa gave him on last kissing then running off out of the hall. Tonight was going to be a long night for the both of them...