14. The Truth

Fred and Melissa were both resting silently in the common room at 11pm when everyone had gone to bed. Fred made sure didn't leave Melissa's side after the day she had had with Hermione and Jade. She was resting her head on Fred's lap and he was reading a while stroking the side of her hair. Melissa fell asleep to Fred's gentle touch on her head. Fred carried her up to her room and carefully later her in bed and tucked her in, making sure he wasn't going to wake her up. He gently kissed her on the forehead and went back to his room to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole school was in the Great Hall having their breakfast. Harry and Ron were sat together, Hermione and Jade of course, Ginny and Luna, George and Dean then there was Melissa and Fred talking about their plan to get rid of Jade. They were both brainstorming ideas but none of them had the outcome to work. Melissa was feeling hopeless, until she had the best idea ever.
"Oh my god!" She shouted.
"What!" Fred started getting excited.
"Truth serum!"
"Um, what?"
"Truth. Serum."
"How is that going to work?"
"We could slip it into her drink next meal."
"Okay... but what would we use it for?"
"To get things out of her."
"Like what?"
"How she feels about Hermione! Because I'm pretty sure she's just using Hermione to get under our skin."
"Oh my gosh your amazing!" Fred wrapped his arms around Melissa pulling her into a big hug. She laughed and hugged him back.
"We'll have to skip our next 2 classes though.
It takes 1hour and 30minuets to make. You can go to lessons of course but I have to skip.
"Woah! Melissa Clarke skipping class? You must mean business!" His comment made Melissa chuckle.
"Yeah also do you really think I want to go to class? I'm skipping with you darling." She smiled and took his hands to get all the things they needed to make the potion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay I think that's everything." Fred huffed.
"Did you get the jobberknoll feathers?" Melissa asked. Fred searched through his basket and held them up.
"Got 'em."
"Okay good." Melissa and Fred both started walking down the hallway in a fast pace.
"Now we need to go the girls bathrooms." Fred stopped walking and looked at Melissa.
"Um, Melissa..." she turned around to look at Fred.
"What?" Fred moved his hands pointing at him up and down with wide eyes.
"What!"
"Um hello! Male!"
"Fred, no one even goes into the girls bathrooms."
"Ah yes, 'moaning Myrtle' is it." He laughed.
"...yes" Fred stopped laughing at the serious look on Melissa's face. He always thought that moaning Myrtle was fake and all the girls made it up to stop the boys from going into the toilets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred and Melissa were both in the bathroom brewing the potion ready for their next food break. Melissa had her potions book and was making the potion pretty quickly. She'd looked like she'd been making this potion all her life. Fred was sat watching her make it, mesmerised as to how quickly she was brewing it. He kept looking at her then the potion repeatedly with a big smile on her face.
"Okay, now I have to let that brew." Melissa said.
"How long for?" Fred asked her.
"An hour."
"AN HOUR!"
"...yeah. I told you this wasn't quick. It's quick to make but long to brew. We could even put this somewhere and go to our next lesson."
"I'd rather stay."
"Freddie."
"Melissa."
"Go to lesson."
"I- ugh fine." Melissa hid the potion in the end cubicle and they both went hand in hand to their lesson. After the lesson they both agreed to meet back in the girls bathroom to finish the potion off. They said their goodbyes and went to their lessons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melissa was walking back to the girls bathrooms looking around her to make sure no one was around to follow her in. Her stomach dropped when she saw one of her worst enemies, who normally never left her alone. Draco Malfoy.
"Alright there Clarke?" He laughed at her.
"Doing just fine Malfoy." She rolled her eyes.
"Where's that ginger boyfriend of yours?"
"I'm just going to meet him now."
"Well, best not keep him waiting." He continued snickering.
"Right..." Melissa stormed away from him before he could say anything else. She shook her head and held her books close to her.

She finally got to the bathroom and Fred was already there waiting.
"Hiya beautiful!" He said walking up to her with his arms out for a hug.
"Hiya Freddie." She hugged him. He pulled out of the hug and kissed her on the lips.
"You ready for this potion?" He asked her.
"Sure am!" She walked to the cubicle they left the potion in and dragged it out into the middle of the room.
"It's ready." She smiled. She scooped some out and put it into a tiny flask making it easier to poor into Jade's drink. Once finished they packed everything away and went with the flask to the Great Hall. Melissa stopped Fred at the entrance.
"I'll put it in her drink. You go in and act natural. Act like this isn't even happening ok?" She said to him.
"Go it." They both walked into the Great Hall together and separated when Fred got to where his brother was sitting. Fred sat down and greeted his brother while Melissa walked passed Jade really quickly slipping it into her drink.

None of them noticed.

She quickly walked back to Fred and sat next to him. He whispered into her ear.
"Did you do it?" She nodded.
"None of they noticed."
"Okay good. Now what?"
"We wait for her to drink it then we go over there and ask her questions."
"Got it."

5 minutes had gone by and Jade had finally taken a sip of her drink. Melissa nudged him telling him that she had drank it. They both walked over there and sat across from the two of them. Fred let Melissa do all the talking because she knew what needed to be asked.
"Hiya Jade." Melissa smiled cheekily. Hermione looked worried and didn't say a word.
"What do you two want? More mischief I suppose?"
"Nope, just to ask you a few questions."
"Really? For what?"
"Knowledge." Fred said to her. Jade looked him up and down.
"Anything for you handsome." She replied.
"Ay! I'm still here bitch!" Jade rolled her eyes.
"Whatever, hurry up and ask your stupid questions."
"First question." Melissa started. "What's your honest option on Hermione?"
"That's a ridiculous question."
"Answer it Jade!" Fred slightly shouted.
"Ugh. Well she's-" the truth serum started to work and changed all her words. "-so annoying. I'm literally just using her to take the mess out of you guys. I've never really liked her since Hogwarts started again. I saw that me being with her made you upset and angry so I used her to continue them emotions towards you." Melissa let out a big cheeky smile.
"You- WHAT!" Hermione yelled at her.
"I- I- I didn't say that!" Jade tried to convince her.
"WELL IT CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!" Jade looked at Melissa and Fred who were laughing. Anger rushed through Jade's body as she said,
"What did you do!?" Melissa continued laughing as she held up the flask. Hermione took it out of her hands and read the label.
"Truth serum." She said. "So what you said if the truth Jade. YOUR SUCH A TWO FACED BITCH!" Melissa and Fred stood up. Melissa took Hermione's hand.
"Come on 'Mione. You don't need this cow." Hermione nodded and stood up walking away from Jade.
"THIS ISN'T OVER CLARKE!" She shouted to them all. Melissa turned around and flagged her off then ran out the hall laughing with Hermione and Fred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the day that Melissa and Fred had, the night in the bedroom was well deserved in their opinions. Melissa finally had her Hermione back and Fred had his happy Melissa again.