22. An Explanation

It was the next day and Melissa still couldn't forgive Fred for what he did to her. She couldn't even look at him. Every time she did her whole body filled with rage. She hated seeing him and Merida together but it's not like she could do anything about it.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked her, approaching her in the hallway.
"Still down." She replied. "I hate seeing them together, I don't know what I did."
"Maybe ask him?"
"There's no way, i'd never get the chance."
"Well next time he tries to speak to you, let him."
She smiled at Hermione's comment and alight nodded her head as they stepped into their classroom taking their seat. Melissa told herself to forget it all for now, and wait until Fred needed her.

~~~~

"Hey, Mel." Fred caught up to her as she was making her way to The Great Hall.
"Fred. Where's your girlfriend?" You said with a bitchy tone.
"She's not my girlfriend, you are." He said. You scoffed at his words with your arms crossed. "Just let me explain."
"Fine but make it quick Fred Weasley, I don't have much time and i'm not planning on wasting it on a guy like you."
"It's the ring. Whenever she's near me it puts me under this spell, I can't do anything about it. She makes me say things, do things, think things. I'm basically her servant!" Melissa had thought of this theory herself ever since she saw the ring glowing last night.
"Look I didn't want to say that to you last night, she made me. I love you Melissa I always will." His eyes started to tear up, Melissa actually started believing him, of course she couldn't do anything about it, yet...

"Well there's nothing we can do Fred." She said uncrossing her arms.
"Actually there is, there's this book in the library with a spell, it's really hard to preform and has a 99% chance of failing. Plus if you fail it could risk injuring the person your doing it on."
"Hm, wouldn't mind injuring her." Melissa said quietly so Fred couldn't hear her. "Well, is there any other way?"
"No, that's the only way to break the spell on the ring."
"Then that's what we'll have to do. I gotta go, like I said, not a lot of time. Bye Fred." She let out a soft smiled before turning round and carrying on walking to the Great Hall.

~~~~

For the rest of the day Melissa was thinking none stop weather or not this was a stupid trap or Fred was actually being serious. Did she go to the library to try and find that book or did she let her thoughts over power her and make her think it's one big trap set up by Jade. She didn't get why Jade hated her is much she had to ruin literally everything for her. Yeah Melissa may of almost knocked her out, humiliated her in front of everyone and made her loose her childhood best friend but that was not reason for her to take it as far as making her hallucinate, ruining her and her boyfriend's relationship and knowing Jade she probably has more sneaky tricks up her sleeve. It was time to get rid of Jade once and for all, Melissa was sick of her and her dirty tricks trying to make her life a misery.

Melissa decided she was going to go to the library to get that book and set her boyfriend free.
"Oh no! I didn't get the name of the book!" Melissa realised, "agh there's no way i'm going to get a hold of Fred! Oh wait, Hermione might know." Melissa sprinted to the common rooms which was normally where Hermione was at this time of day, and she was right.
"Hermione I need to ask a very important question! I'm counting on your to know this because it's the only way I can save Fred from Merida!" Melissa said running up to Hermione as she stormed into the empty common room.
"What is it Melissa?" Hermione asked her. Melissa took a seat next to Hermione and explained everything Fred had told her earlier on.
"Oh I know that book! It's a very rare book though. There's only one copy and it's thousands of years old. It's gonna be hard for you to find it, are you sure about this Melissa?"
"I'm sure. I'd do anything to save him." Hermione wrote down the name of the book for Melissa to find in the library tomorrow.
"I can help if you want, i'm always in the library." Hermione smiled.
"Thank you Hermione." Melissa took the paper and went up to her room to get a good nights sleep ready to find the book tomorrow.