12. Hermione Granger

Melissa and Fred were both cuddled up in bed, still talking about how horribly Jade was treating them.

"Promise you're not mad at me?" Melissa asked, looking up to Fred.
"I promise darling." He replied.
"Okay good, I thought you were mad at me." She laughed.
"No, never! I'm very mad at Jade though. We need her gone, and soon before she does anything else to try and break us and our group up."
"I know hun but the problem is if she goes so will Hermione. They've been friends for years and I'm pretty sure Hermione won't leave her for us."
"Yeah but there's the catch, Hermione's the
one who will be able to get through to her."

"Right? So what are we going to do about it then? We're practically powerless against that bitch." Melissa sighed and she leaned onto Fred.
"We aren't going to do anything. For now at least." Melissa sat up and gave Fred a confused look.
"What? So we're just going to let her ca-"
"Hermione is." Fred butted in. Melissa dimmed her eyes at his comment.

"Your going to talk to Hermione and get her to tell Jade to stop. She'll listen to Hermione, I promise." Melissa raised an eyebrow at him because she knew his plan wasn't going to work. Even Hermione couldn't get it into Jades head to stop. No one could, Jade will be Jade.
"Don't look at me like that!" Fred laughed.
"I'm sorry but that's not gonna work. No matter how close Jade and Hermione are that's not going to happen, she won't listen. It'll go in one ear and out the other."
"I know Mel but we have to at least try or she'll never stop. You never know she might listen to Hermione going off how long they've been friends for." Melissa rolled her eyes.
"Please just talk to her, for me?"
"Ugh fine. Your lucky I love you." Fred was right. They never know, Jade could actually listen to Hermione and stop. There's a 99% chance she won't but there's always that 1%. It was a chance that needed to be taken.
"Thank you!" Fred pulled her into a tight hug and they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was around 11pm the next night. Melissa was about to go to bed after being with Fred all night when she saw Hermione reading alone in the common room by the fire. She figured this was the only time she could speak to her since she was with Jade and everyone else all the time. As tired as she was she went and spoke to her anyways. Melissa walked over and sat next to her in front of the fire. Hermione looked up at her and smiled when she realised who is was.

"Hello Melissa." She said, shutting her book.
"Hi 'Mione." She replied.
"Thought you would've been asleep by now." Hermione continued speaking.
"I've been with Fred all night so I'm still up."
"Ah I see."
"Hermione, there's something I wanted to ask you. So you know everything that's been happening with Jade and how she's all over Fred all the time?"
"Yeah...?"
"Well could you please tell her to stop? She won't listen to be and it's making me and Fred really uncomfortable."
"It's just a joke Melissa." Hermione started to change her tone.
"I know but, she taking it a bit beyond a joke now don't you think?"
"Melissa your always the one telling people to loosen up and take a joke when you clearly can't take on yourself!" Melissa was surprised as to how defensive Hermione was getting against Jade. She knew they had been friends for a long time but she didn't think she would do this.
"Hermione please, just ask her to stop that's all I want you to do. If she would listen to be then I would tell her myself but she won't and your the only one I feel like she would listen to." Hermione gritted her teeth."

"Fine, but you owe me. Big time!" Hermione stood up and stormed away to her dorm room not looking back at Melissa. Melissa was so surprised at what just happened. She had never seen Hermione get so defensive over someone before. But it was all up to Hermione now. If the plan doesn't work them Fred and Melissa would have to think of another way to stop Jade. Nothing too bad could happen, right...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~7:45am~
Jade and Hermione were alone in the dorm room so Hermione kept her promise to Melissa and started to talk to Jade.
"Hey Jade." She started.
"Yeah?" Hermione patted her hand on the bed telling Jade to come and sit next to her.
"What's wrong Hermione?"
"I need to speak to you about Melissa and Fred."
"Oh god, here we go again."
"Could you please um, stop being all over Fred? It makes Melissa and Fred really uncomfortable. They understand it's a joke but they just want you to stop because they don't like it."
"That's the point." Jade cheekily smiled.
"What?"
"They're not meant to like it stupid. The whole point of me doing it is to annoy them. I find it hilarious and I thought I was starting to annoy them but thanks for the conformation Hermione." Jade laughed and patted her on the head.
"Oh and also, we're not hanging around with them anymore, I don't even want you to speak to them anymore. They're irrelevant. Got it?"
"Yeah......" Hermione sadly replied. Jade smiled and left the room. Jade was always acting like the boss around Hermione. It was like she was trying to control her and anytime she tried to stand up for herself or go against her word she would shout at her. So she just went by her word and do what she said.

As Hermione was walking through to common room Melissa pulled her aside.
"So, did you speak to her?"
"Yes, I did."
"And....?"
"She said no. She finds it funny and just wanted confirmation that it was annoying you. So well done Clarke, you made things worse." Hermione strutted off walking with the Jade out of the common room leaving Melissa standing by herself. Hermione hated talking to Melissa like that but she knew that Jade could hear her, so she had to.

Oh boy didn't Melissa know that Jade was changing Hermione. That's something else she had to change as well. She wasn't going to loose her best friend to Jade as well. Jade was changing Hermione, and not for the better...