29. Hidden

"Remember, meet me here at midnight."

"Yeah, I'll be here."

"Good, oh and Fred, don't get under the spell."

"Yeah well obviously I'm going to try but if I do I can't really help it can I."
"I know but just, stay on the down low."

"You got it Mel, don't run into Jade on your way! She might do a kissy kissy!"

"FRED!" Fred let out a small chuckle before Melissa went up the stairs to get the sleeping potion she had been brewing all day. The potion took quite a lot of ingredients but was easy to make. It was dark purple so that meant it was ready. Melissa poured it into a small glass container and sealed it with the lid. Now all they had to do was wait until Merida got her glass of water, which wouldn't be too long now since it was 10pm.

While they were waiting Melissa started to practice the motion of the spell and the pronunciation of the spell. Out of everything she had to do tonight, the spell was the part she was most nervous about since that's the part that can do the most damage to Merida. The spell was so hard to pronounce, Melissa was struggling to say it which wasn't helping her worries. The door opened behind Melissa, she quickly hid the spell book and the potion before turning around to see who it was. It was Jade.

"Oh, hey Melissa." She said, stopping at the door as she saw her.

"Hey Jade." Melissa awkwardly smiled, trying not to look suspicious. Jade went to her bed putting the book down she was carrying and getting into the bed.

"Melissa, I need to tell you something." Jade said sitting up in bed.

"Another confession?"

"No uh, it's kind of hard to explain and I don't think you'll believe me."

"Try me."

"Well, you know The Book of Spells."

"How do you know about that?"

"Melissa I know how to solve every trick I have up my sleeve, do you really think I wouldn't think you'd try and stop me. I know you have the book, I saw you take it."

"Fine, what about it?"

"Well I heard yours and Hermione's convocation about the book and the next day when you were planning to take it I stayed in the library the whole day waiting to see if you'd actually come."

"And?"

"At around 9am when the library was still empty I saw Fred come in. He looked around quickly to check if anyone was there but obviously it was just me. After he made sure no one was there I saw him go to the place where to book was known to be kept. I saw him grab the book of the very top shelf where you found it and he hid it in the transfiguration section where you couldn't find it and then he left the library. I put it back to where it was supposed to be so that you'd be able to find it. I've wanted to tell you for a while but Merida told me not to. She said 'why would you ruin your chances of being with her' I'm really sorry Melissa I should've told you sooner."

"I don't believe you."

"What?"

"Jade you've been trying to break me and Fred up for months. How do I know this isn't another one of your little tests?"

"Because I have proof."

"Wait what?"

"Here" Jade handed Melissa a moving photo that showed Fred in the transfiguration section on a ladder hiding the book on the top shelf.

"I- No, that can't be him."

~~~~

Melissa got up from her bed and went down to the common room where Fred was still waiting. Even though it was  only 10:30pm.

"What the fuck Fred!" She shouted storming up to him slapping the photo down on his lap.

"What?"

"Why don't you look for yourself!" He look down at the photo then back up at Melissa with a face of defeat.

"Mel..."

"NO! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!

"Melissa there's and explanation."

"OH YEAH? AN EXPLANATION FOR YOU BEING A STRAIGHT UP ASSHOLE!"

"I WAS NOT BEING AN ASSHOLE MELISSA!"

"YES YOU WAS I'M DOING ALL THIS RISKING MY FUTURE AT HOGWARTS SO THAT YOU RUN FREELY WITHOUT BEING UNDER A SPELL AND YOU GO AND DO THIS! HIDE THE BOOK WHICH YOU KNEW I NEEDED!

"WELL IF YOU STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH I CAN EXPLAIN!"

"OH I'M THE BITCH HERE!?"

"YES YOU ARE, YOUR NOT EVEN GIVING ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF!"

"BECAUSE YOU WERE BEING A STRAIGHT UP ASSHOLE!"

"I WASN'T BEING AND ASSHOLE MELISSA I WAS KEEPING YOU SAFE!"

"SAFE? YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT SAFTEY HERE? YOUR THE ONE UNDER A SPELL!"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOUR NOT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAIN THEN FRED! WHY? WHY WERE YOU KEEPING ME 'SAFE' FROM SAVING. YOUR. ASS!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GODDAMMIT!"

"Wha- What?"

"I KNEW THE RISKS OF DOING THAT SPELL SO I HID IT IN HOPE YOU WOULDN'T FIND IT! I KNEW IF THAT SPELL WENT WRONG YOU COULD GO TO ASKABAN! I COULDN'T LET THAT HAPPEN! I COULDN'T SEE YOU LIKE THAT TRYING TO SAVE ME!"

"Fred- I-"

"I'm sorry Mel, I didn't want you to suffer because of me."

"No it's my fault. I shouldn't of jumped to conclusions."

"It's okay Mel." He said softly walking up to her putting his hands round her waist.

"But Fred, I love you too." She kissed him softly as his hands gripped tighter around her waist. She cupped her hands around his face pulling him closer to her in the kiss.

"Now go use that potion, and come back at midnight." Fred chucked with Melissa.

"You got it Freddie." She smiled as she made her way back up to her dorm, hopefully she was too late to catch Merida before she drank her water and went to sleep...