24. Home For Christmas

"Melissa! It's wonderful to see you my dear!" Molly said coming towards Melissa with her arms open wide for a hug.
"It's good to see you too Molly." She smiled hugging her tightly.
"Come! I have all the seats arranged!" She sat at the seat Molly arranged for her a waited for everyone else to arrive.

They all slowly began entering one by one greeting everyone they see and taking their seats.
"Here Fred my darling this is your seat." Molly took Fred and tapped the seat right next Melissa. Her and Fred's eyes met. He was quite surprised, Melissa on the other hand had a different reaction. Rather a disappointed one. She had a feeling Molly was going to sit them both together since she had no idea about the whole Jade and Merida thing. She was just hoping her feeling was wrong.
"Great." Melissa said quietly. He sat down and neither of them even looked at each other. They just sat there, in silence waiting for everyone else to arrive. It was so awkward for Melissa. She just wanted to talk to Fred about her plan, but it wasn't the right time. She'd have to wait until there was less people around. So for now she just kept silent, impatiently waiting for everyone to get there a break the awkwardness.

All the Weasley family were finally there and they were all sat around a long brown table decorated all Christmassy. It was very detailed and had a bunch of different magical ornaments on it going from top to bottom. Mrs Weasley went all out for Christmas every year it for Christmas this year she really went ALL out. It's was very impressive and must've taken Mrs Weasley a really long time. Mr Weasley tapped his glass with his knife clearing his through whilst standing up.
"A toast." He said, "To all the beloved people here at Christmas." Everyone else raised their glasses a let out a cheer. Melissa had a huge smile on her face not even thinking about Fred, the plan or Jade. She was just happy to be home with the people she loved.

Fred nudged Melissa as everyone else was talking amongst each other on the table.
"Melissa." He said. She ignored him, she didn't want to speak to him at that moment. It wasn't the right time. "Melissa can we talk."
"Not now Fred." She whispered to him.
"Well when." He whispered back to her.
"After all of this is over with."
"Fine."

"Ah!" Molly said excitedly coming into the room with a big box of presents. "Now for my favourite part!"
She handed out the presents one by one. One to Melissa, Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Percy and Mr Weasley. Fred and George both got matching scarves. Different colours of course and Melissa got a tiny box that's she opened carefully. Inside was a gorgeous black detailed necklace in the shape of a crystal. She was so happy and excited about her gift, she'd never seen anything quite as beautiful.
"Need a hand?" Fred said looking at her smiling.
"Sure." She said with a quote tone handing Fred the necklace. He stood behind her putting on her necklace. It was just perfect for her, it matched her style and everything.
"It looks beautiful on you." Fred smiled.
"Thanks Fred." She said back looking up at him with a smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~
It was half past 1 in the morning and everyone was asleep except Melissa who was just finishing up in the bathroom before she went to bed.

knock knock

"Who is it?" She said.
"It's Fred." Came a voice from outside the door.
"Of course." She said under her voice. "What do you want Fred?" She continued in her normal tone
"To talk."
"We have nothing to talk about."
"Yes we do Melissa, you know we do." She knew what Fred was saying was true, she just wasn't ready to talk about for yet. She still hadn't forgiven him for what he said to her in the halls. Plus she had a whole 3 weeks to talk to him. She could spear a few to get over her anger towards him.
"I said no Fred. Stop acting like nothings happened. You basically cheated on me!"
"Yes I know Mel and i'm sorry!"
"Do not call me Mel."
"Well Melissa, I know but i'm really sorry I didn't know what I was doing."
"Sorry doesn't help the pain Fred. Do you know how much it hurt me to see you with her? Do you know how badly i wanted to drop down and cry every time I saw you? Do you really know?"
"I'm so sorry. I just wanna talk."
"Well I don't." She said opening the door and walking past him into her room. She'd talk to Fred in a few days. She just didn't wanna talk to him right now...