19. New Girl

1 weeks had gone by since Melissa took the potion to stop her hallucinations. To Melissa's surprise the potion actually worked, she thought that Jade would've messed with her and made the potion wrong but she actually didn't she made it the right way. Obviously the potion did have a few side affects. There was constant headaches, nausea, tired all the time but eventually them side effects went away and Melissa was back to her normal self within a few days of taking the potion.

Jade hadn't really been bothering Fred and Melissa. There was something about her that was different, she was nicer to everyone especially Melissa and Fred. Ever since the night she made the potion for Melissa she was a whole new person. Fred and Melissa had talked about it many times. They came up with the idea that it could be because of the ring.
"The ring, i think it has something to do with it." Melissa said.
"What do you mean?" Fred raised and eyebrow.
"I mean, it's pretty obvious. She's changed ever since we have her the ring and you can't tell me you've never seen her without that ring on. It's got something to do with it i'm telling you."
"Or maybe she's just a better person now?"
"Fred!"
"What!"
"Jade is not a nice person. There's no way she'd just change on her own. Something tells me that the ring isn't any ordinary ring."
"What you think it's like, cursed." Fred said very sarcastically. Melissa paused and started at him for a few seconds in silence.
"...yes." she said.
"O- oh"
"Whatever, we'll find out soon enough I guess."

The whole school was sat at their tables eating their breakfast when Dumbledore stood at his podium to make an announcement.
"I have an announcement!" He shouted. "We have a new girl join the third years this year!"
"That's my year." Melissa whispered to Fred, he nodded in return.
"Everyone I would like to give you a warm welcome to Merida Miller!"

The doors to the Great Hall opened and a gorgeous tall, blonde hair girl walked down the isle to the front of the hall.
'Wow she's really pretty.' Melissa thought to herself.
"Welcome Miss Miller." Dumbledore said to her. 
"It's great to be here." Merida replied.
"Right Miss Miller could you please sit on this stool i'm going to sort you into your house." McGonagall turned her around placing a stool behind her. Merida sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head. The sorting had began to speak...
hmmm, not seen anyone like you before! But judging from your personality you are very outgoing and brave! You know how to stand up for what's right and you are very intelligent. I know just what to do with you.
GRYFFINDOR!

The whole of Gryffindors table clapped and cheered welcoming the new student to their house. Merida smiled and went and sat with the 3rd years on her table. She was sat across from Melissa and Fred. Melissa couldn't help but introduce herself.
"Hey, i'm Melissa it's nice to meet you!" Merida turned her way smiling and shaking the hand she was holding out.
"I'm Merida." She replied.
"That's a beautiful name. Oh and this is my boyfriend Fred." Melissa said.
"Nice to meet you Fred." She smiled.
"You too."

Everyone was making their way to their first class of the day. Melissa and Fred both came out of the Great Hall together seeing Jade and Merida both secretly talking to each other. Like they were hiding something from everyone. Fred and Melissa both look at each other.
"Somethings going on, and whatever it is, it's not good." Melissa said.
"I agree." Fred sighed taking ahold of her hand.
"But don't worry darling, we're going to find out, we always do." Melissa smiled and softly kissed Fred and they both walked to their lessons.

"Keep and eye on Merida and Jade okay?" He said to her before she walked into her lesson.
"Got it, bye I love you!" She said kissing him on the lips.
"I love you too." he said walking off to his own class.