28. Confession

After a long train ride Melissa and all of her friends had finally arrived at Hogwarts for another term. Hogwarts was like a second home to all of them, since they were there for most of the year it was practically their home anyways. Melissa stayed with Fred just incase Merida decided to come over to Fred yet again with her and Jade's stupid spell that they were hopefully going to break in a few days. She hoped Fred wouldn't get under the spell because although he doesn't need to be there for it, it would be good if he was. They grabbed their luggage and entered into the castle.

"Fixed your little breakup I see." Jade said stopping you both at the door. Melissa tapped Fred telling him to go ahead just incase Merida came along. She was left alone with Jade and oh boy wasn't she ready to get off at her.

"It wasn't a breakup Jade, it was your psychotic obsession with our relationship and Fred."

"Oh darling don't be silly! I'm not obsessed with your boyfriend. I'm obsessed with you!"

"What?"

"You see ever since the day I knew you had a boyfriend I wanted to break you both up so I could have you myself! and if you saw that your little boyfriend had ran along and met someone new, I could have you. All to myself, without your little ginger boy getting in the way."

"Liar! You always flirted with him!"

"I had to break you guys up some now."

"Flirting with my boyfriend makes no sense because if he's into you, you can have me. Plus flirting with my boyfriend will only make me hate you more then I already did, which may I add WORKED!"

"Oh no no no, your not getting it Mel.."

"Don't. Call. Me. MEL!"
"Fine, Melissa, what your not getting is that I'd leave him for you and i would be too late because you'll be angry at him for ditching you,"

"Oh yeah? And why would I date the person who took away something that's so precious to me!? That's like me dating MALFOY!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think of it like that but please Melissa, give me a chance." Melissa could not believe what she was hearing, Jade, her enemy was asking her out!

"I will NEVER give you a chance, and the fact that you even thought there was a chance I would give you one after all the pain you've caused me, Fred and whole relationship, you delusional."

She walked away leaving Jade standing in the doorway. Jade had the nerve to come and ask Melissa out when she knew she had a boyfriend that she loved very much and after everything she did. From the hallucination spell to all the flirting and now to the ring. She did everything she could to try and break them up and after all that she wanted a chance! Melissa had to keep her eye out now, she had a feeling Jade was going to do something else since she didn't get her own way which she doesn't seem to like.

~~~~

Melissa got to her dorm and Fred was there sat on the sofa waiting for her. Melissa had walked into the dorm still with a shocked look on her face from Jade's confession.

"Mel? Is everything okay?" Fred was concerned walking up to her.

"I- Fred, Jade isn't trying to split us up so she can have you, she trying to split us up so she can have me!" Silence filled the room for a couple of seconds, both Fred and Melissa looking into each others eyes. Of course Fred Weasley being the jokester he was couldn't take anything seriously and burst out laughing.

"Fred! This isn't funny!"

"Oh no no no of course not, IT'S HILAROUS!" He continued the laugh his head off while Melissa had a face on that screamed 'seriously?' She was not impressed.

"I'm sorry darling that's just... so funny!" Fred couldn't contain his laughter even if he wanted to. "All this time we thought she wanted to date me but but she actually wanted to DATE YOU! AHAHAHA" 

"Fred..."

"heh- yeah?"

"Stop."

"Right yeah okay sorry." He had finally stopped laughing but was sniggering every so often.

The door to the common room opened behind them, of course, Jade was the one opening in. As soon as she saw Fred and Melissa she froze like she'd seen a ghost. Both Fred and Melissa turned around and froze too when they saw her. Jade awkwardly walked passed them up to the stairs to her room. Fred yet again couldn't contain himself and burst out laughing for the second time, luckily Jade didn't hear. Melissa hit Fred on the shoulder to stop him from laughing.

"Fred!" She said as she hit him.

"I'm sorry hun but it's funny. I always thought she was straight."

"Same, we really gotta break that spell and then we can think about Jade."

"Alright well its late and we've had a long ride so, hugs?" Melissa smiled and them both went and laid on the sofa. Melissa's head was resting on Fred chest, she could heart his heart beating as she slowly fell asleep in his arms. She felt so safe in his arms, she loved this boy so much and she wasn't going to let Jade and Merida's tricks get in their way again...