31. Happily Ever After

It had been 6 months since Melissa and Fred broke the spell. Nothing really serious happened to Merida, to Melissa's relief, except she woke up with a few bruises the next day. But finally, Melissa and Jade were friends and she promised never to pull any tricks out on her anymore since now she knew the truth and she told Merida to back off Melissa, Merida was a bit confused but she didn't really seem to care. The whole group: Hermione, Ron, Harry, Fred, Melissa, George, Ginny and now Jade spent the whole holidays off together at The Burrow. They were Melissa's family, the people she loved, cared for, trusted. All the troubles and risks she had raked had all worked out and been for a good cause. Jade had finally come to her senses about her actions and her feelings, Ron and Hermione were official so was Harry and Ginny. Things with Melissa and Fred had never been better, they were so happy together, nothing stood in there way. And George is well, George.

But Fred had left Hogwarts now, so things were going to change, Melissa hadn't really given it much thought because she didn't want to be unhappy around her friends. But the Hogwarts return for her final year was getting closer and closer so she had to think about it some time.

"Mel." Fred said tapping her on the shoulder holding out his hand. She took his hand as he led her upstairs into the bedroom.
"Look, your going back to Hogwarts soon and I want you to have something that will remind me of you all the time while your there."
"I already have something Freddie. My mind, because you never leave it." She teased jokingly winking at him.
"Very funny Melissa."
"Awh come on your normally the joker around here."
"Anyways Mel, this is my gift to you." He held out a small box with a diamond ring inside it.
"Fred oh my gosh this is beautiful!"
"I know we're too young to marry right now, so, this is a promise ring. One day in the future Melissa, I will ask you to marry but for now while we're still young, this is my promise that I will ask you some day."
"Aw Freddie!" Melissa pulled him into a tight hug after he gently put the gorgeous silver ring on her finger.

~~~~
"So are you guys ready for our final week at Hogwarts?" Hermione asked the group.

"Yeah i'm all set!"
"Meh I guess."
"I'm kinda scared."
"It's gonna be epic!"

"Hey Fred, George. Now that you've finished Hogwarts what are you going to do?" Harry asked the twins who were racing to finish their butter beer before the other.
"Oh uh," George started, "We're going to work full time in the shop, now that we've finished we can fully open it."
"Oh wow that really cool!"
"Maybe I can even get you shifts there." Fred whispered to Melissa. She smiled as Fred leant back in his seat putting his hands behind his head.

Fred and Melissa had talked about him leaving in the past. They had made up a plan to always see each other during holidays and when Melissa was at Hogwarts they'd send letters to each other. It was a good plan and it only had to last a year. How hard could it be!

Melissa had many up and downs these last 2 years but it was so much better going through it all with Fred. Even better everything was sorted and she had a gorgeous promise ring from him.

She had no challenges or spells to break or even people to face when she went back to Hogwarts. It truly is her Happily Ever After.....

or is it?

{A/N ~ Thank you so much for reading my book! I really appreciate all the reads and support and if you have been here from the start then THANK YOU! I love you all having an amazing day! Much love - L<3}