13. Seperation

NOTE: This chapter contains more romance then usual since this is a Fred book I put more romance in this chapter.

Both Melissa and Fred had noticed something off about Hermione for the past few days.

Whenever they tried to speak to her she'd either walk off or blatantly ignore them. It wasn't like Hermione to do that, she'd always be the one to sit down and have a conversation with you, she'd always sit and listen to people's problems.

Hermione never went to the common room to hang out with the rest of the group like they did every night, she didn't sit with them during the food breaks and moved away from them all to sit with Jade in classes. She always looked sad which was again unusual, Hermione was so loving and joyful, Melissa could sense that Jade was behind it all...

Melissa walked up to Fred in the Great Hall taking him by his hand and pushing him against the wall in the hallways outside and said,
"It's Jade."
"What?" He asked.
"Jade. She's the reason Hermione's acting so weird lately."
"Really? How'd you know?"
"Fred!" she smacked him around the back of the head with the parchment she was holding.
"Ow, what?"
"State the obvious babe. She's sitting with Jade in every class and breaks."
"I'm sorry, I don't know if you've noticed darling but I'm not in your classes."
"Oh right yeah, sorry." Fred laughed and pulled her into a hug.
"We can talk about this more tonight, my room, 8:30."
"I'll be there." Melissa replied. He winked at her and walked back into the great hall to finish his food. She let out a big sigh and walked back in herself to sit with Ron and Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~8:30pm~

knock knock ~

Fred opened the door and let out a huge smiled while picking Melissa and her wrapping her legs around him and deeply kissing her.

He laid her on the bed and cuddle up next to her putting his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. They both laid there for a minuet before Melissa said,
"She's controlling her Freddie." She started to cry at the thought of loosing Hermione. Fred noticed she way crying and turned her over to face him, his eyes that were full of worry said,
"Hey hey hey, don't worry about it darling. We're going to sort her out okay we're gonna win her over."
"What if we can't?"
"We will I promise."
"Promise?"
"Promise." He pulled her into a deep hug and she tucked her face into to his chest sniffling. She could hear and feel his heavy breathing against the side of her head.
"I love you Freddie." Melissa sniffled. Fred let out a huffed smile,
"I love you too Melissa, more then anything." She tucked her head closer into his chest with a small smile from his words. It made her sleepy and they both drifted off into an early nights sleep in each other's arms. Something they hadn't done in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Melissa woke up pretty early. Fred's arms were wrapped around his waist and she could feel his warm breathing on the back of her neck, sending tingles down her spine. She turned over to face him and he took a deep breath as he is awoken before looking into Melissa's eyes. He smiled and said in his sleepy voice,
"Good morning darling."
"Good morning Freddie." Melissa smiled and kissing him on the lips.
"Sleep well?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm still worried about Hermione though. I just want Jade gone so she will speak to us all again."
"Me too hun but Jade's a bitch, it's what she does."
"I know, and I hate her for it. I just want 'Mione back."
"We all do sweetheart." A small tear started to roll down the side off Melissa's face, Fred took his thumb and gently wiped it off the side of her cheek.
"Come on, let's get dressed. Meet me in the great hall for breakfast yeah?" Fred said.
"Yeah, bye Freddie."
"Bye darling, I love you."
"I love you too."  Melissa left the room shutting the door behind her.

As she was walking to the stairs she was looking down at the floor not focusing of where she was going. Melissa and this other girl crashed into each other on the stair case. Melissa shot her head up ready to shout at the girl she bumped into. It was Hermione, going downstairs with her study books.
"Hey wha- Hermione..." Melissa's tone went down.
"Melissa." She gulped.

"Well, wanna explain. You've been ignoring me for days and the first thing you say is my name?" Hermione looked scared at the fact that Melissa was shouting at her. Melissa never shouted unless she was really angry at someone.
"I'm sorry Melissa look I can expla-" Just as Hermione was about to finish her sentence Jade came walking down the stairs with the bitchy look she always has on her face.
"-explain nothing. Get out my sight." Hermione said as she saw Jade. Jade smirked at Melissa and just as she was about to continue walking Melissa dragged her and slammed her again the wall making a huge bang go into Fred's room.
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" Melissa started screaming in Jade's face.
"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST WALK IN AND RUIN EVERYTHING. YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING BITCH!" Just at that moment Fred came running out of his room pulling Melissa off Jade. Jade who stayed silent was grabbed by Hermione who pulled her away and out the common rooms.
Melissa didn't look up at Fred, she just stayed with a very angry face looking at the floor.
"Mel...." Fred started.
"UGH, I HATE HER." Melissa started balling her eyes out and hugged Fred tightly not letting go as she loudly sobbed into his chest. Fred was full of worry and sorrow for his girlfriend. He just wanted her to be happy.
"Hey darling, I'm sick of her treating you like this. I'm going to do something about it. Okay, don't you worry." Melissa continued sobbing as she replied to Fred with a 'thank you' he kisses her on the forehead and grabbed his wand then left the common room to go find Hermione and Jade. Melissa wanted to do something for herself. Not to Hermione, to Jade...