26. A Special Surprise

Melissa was studying in her room ready for her return at Hogwarts in a few weeks. She still had some things to talk over with Fred but that could all be sorted out in the next few days. She hadn't yet told him about her plan but she was planning to do it soon she thought that the sooner she did it the better it would be for both of them.

~knock knock~

"Come in."
"Hey darling." Fred said stepping into the room.
"Oh hey Freddie." Melissa said looking up from her book.
"So, can you meet me outside by the tall grass at 7pm tonight?"
"Sure what for?"
"I um I can't tell you. You'll know when you get there."
"Sure I'll be there."
"Awesome Mel, oh and make sure to dress up in something little fancy!"
"Uh okay." Fred closed the door behind him, Melissa could hear his footsteps going down the stairs. She shook her head in confusion and went back to studying her book. Knowing Fred he could've been planning literally anything, anything at all she just knew that it was going to be something she wasn't expecting. By now she knew Fred pretty well and he was quite the prankster especially with his brother George so she had a feeling it was going to be one of the little pranks again but she was going to dress up and go anyway what did she have to loose?

~~~~
~6:30pm~
It was almost time for Melissa to meet Fred by the tall grass. Melissa has just finished her studying and she started to pick out her favourite outfit that she was going to wear. Since she had been at Hogwarts she hasn't really been in the wardrobe very often so it was nice for her to see all her old clothes and all the clothes she used to wear all the time to every single special occasion.

She picked out her absolute favourite that she wore to Bill and Fleur's wedding.
"Oh my gosh I haven't seen this dress in ages!" she said to herself holding up the dress in the mirror.
She put on the dress hoping it would still fit her which it did. She looked amazing in it it was just her style and just her colour. She did her make up to match and she was ready just in time to go downstairs and meet Fred in the garden. She couldn't wait to see what Fred had planned for but she was also kind of nervous, because well it's Fred who knows what he could be planning.

~~~~
as Melissa stepped outside the back door she saw a part of the tall grass bit up. As she approached it she saw that it was all decorated with candles and a beautiful picnic table in the middle. Fred was stood there arranging a few of the things on the tables like the knives and the forks. Melissa always knew Fred as a prankster, someone who never took anything seriously. She loves Freds prank side but she also loves his soft side, she hardly ever got to see his soft side so it was really good that she could see it tonight. The whole scenery beautiful it was everything she could've ever imagined and more.

Once Fred saw her his face lit up and a big smile came on his face as she approached him.
"You look beautiful." He smiled taking her hand and pulling her close to him.
"Thank you Freddie. You look amazing too." She gave him a soft gentle kiss before he took out a chair for her to sit down.

Fred flicked his wand and on the table was a beautiful looking dinner. It had been a long time since Melissa had been on a date with Fred, she couldn't stop smiling the whole time. Of course what's a good date without Fred's jokes? His jokes always made Melissa laugh no matter how sad she was. The dinner was beautiful, when Fred told her he has something planned she never in a million years thought it would be as memorable as this.
"So, what's the plan for when we get back to Hogwarts?" Fred asked her, putting down his knife and fork.
"Oh no no no, we're not talking about that tonight. Tonight is all about me and you." He smiled at her comment, he wanted this just as much as she did.
"I've missed you Mel."
"I've missed you too Freddie."

This was the most perfect night for her and Fred to get close again. It's been so long since they'd spent time together. They just hoped that everything wouldn't go down hill again as soon as they got back to Hogwarts. They were finally back to their normal happy relationship that Melissa remembered. She loved Fred with all her heart and so did he. She wanted to spend the left of her life with him no matter what. Even if it took 1000 curveballs to get there, she'd do it. She wasn't sure it was worth it before tonight. Tonight showed her just how just Fred cared for her and meant to her. He was all she could ever imagine and more, the thing she was more excited for what. Her future with Fred, who knows where it lies. Only time can tell... 

{A/n: Sorry for the short chapter it should be a longer one next time!}