Chapter 11

Marinette was loving the feel of Damian's hand in hers. So it was obvious that she kept pulling him along, even when it was clear she didn't have to. To be honest, it didn't look like Damian really minded either. This time Mari really hoped his brother didn't interrupt them. Sure, he was kinda funny, but she really wanted to spend time with only Dami.

They reached CupsaCoffee in record time. As she entered, a feeling immediately came over her. And it was not a good one. Marinette discreetly glanced around the shop, not noticing anything out of the ordinary.

Apparently it wasn't discreet enough, as Damian noticed and asked,

"What are you looking for?"

Marinette tried to fumble out an excuse. Damian saw straight through it, so she gave up.

"I just felt like I was being watched," Mari rushed to add something else, "I'm not trying to get attention though, I'm actually serious!"

Damian looked at her weirdly, and before she could open her mouth he stated,

"I don't believe you are anything remotely close to an attention seeker. And trust me when I say I have seen a hundred too many of those. On the contrary, from my observations, you are kind and unbelievably modest. An angel really."

His words made Marinette's cheeks grow hot. However, his next ones made her laugh.

"Goddammit Drake."

"And who is this Drake you're so irritated with?" Marinette asked innocently.

"Another one of my brothers." He grimaced.

Marinette inwardly groaned. 'Another date-crasher?!'

Damian nodded toward a black-haired and blue-eyed man, who was looking at the pair in disbelief. Drake, who had humongous bags underneath his eyes, downed a cup of coffee and blinked a few times. It was almost like he wasn't sure if they were a coffee induced hallucination.

A familiar arm grabbed her, causing Marinette to flinch. So that was where the bad feeling came from.

"Hello Agrest-"

"Why are you with this rich brat." He growled, interrupting her.

"Pardon me, but you are the only rich brat I see here."

In response A**greste, as Damian called him, tightened his hold. Damian was ready to explode, but looked at Marinette. She shook her head no. Damian knew she did martial arts, and liked to fight her own battles, but he was ready to step in just in case.

The commotion had drawn the attention of other customers. Before A**greste could get more out of hand, Marinette did a complicated move, one that even Damian found hard to follow. In less than five seconds A**greste was on the floor, with Ang- Marinette's foot on his chest.

She was starting to hyperventilate, so Damian tried his best to comfort her and calm her down. It really wasn't something he did often. He wasn't sure what to do. We're humans the same as animals? Grayson always said hugs were a good thing, so Damian slowly approached her so she wouldn't get startled, and hugged her.

Marinette slowly started to breathe regularly. She hugged him back. The people around them stared at the Ice Prince, hugging someone??? Nobody took out their phones to record tho because Gotham protects their own, and none of the customers wanted this sweet girl to get targeted by the villains. Although they now knew she could likely protect herself.

Adrien was left on the floor and the two acted like nothing happened. Marinette smiled and ordered the salad she had wanted, and Damian got the same thing. Ignoring the eyes, and sitting at a table off to the side, Damian cautiously asked about A**greste.