Chapter 7

Ladybug landed lightly on the stone floor. She unmerged from Kaalki and dug out a few sugar cubes from her yoyo (don't ask how they're there) for the horse kwamii. Then she floated in the air and landed on Ladybug's head, happily enjoying the sweet.

In a flash somebody had her in a choke hold. Kaalki was unconcerned and kept munching on the cubes.

"How did you get here?" the unknown person inquired, probably not noticing the tiny god.

Ladybug promptly answered, "I teleported." and then proceeded to easily maneuver herself out of the hold. Situating herself far away from... Red Robin maybe? She spoke again while smiling politely,

"Don't worry Monsieur, your companions will show up soon."

The man still looked suspicious, like he should, but it was probable that this woman was the french superhero. Keeping an eye on her he asked through the comms whether or not there was supposed to be a girl in the Batcave. Red Hood guffawed and answered,

"Yeah, she just winked and jumped into a portal! Didn't even give us time to say a word."

Ladybug observed the cave, fiercely wishing she had a sketchbook. It was just so huge and inspiring. The huge stalagmites and stalactites, a giant penny, a... dinosaur? Well that's weird. It was also filled with insanely expensive-looking tech, and there were grates on the floor in some areas. Not to mention many models of batmobiles and other vehicles. There were old suits in glass coffin things, many of which made the designer in her cringe. What had Batman been thinking when those were made?

So lost in her thoughts the hero didn't notice anyone else entering until she sensed a figure drawing nearer. Ladybug abruptly stood up and turned towards the group. The girl faced them with a soft smile to ease the tension.

"So I take it you have researched?" Ladybug asked although it was more of a rhetorical query, "What I told you before was a really shortened description, so I'll elaborate now. I know it is a lot to ask, but it would be really great if you guys would help. I understand if you don't believe me, not many do anymore." That was muttered under her breath, but everyone heard anyways and shared significant glances.

She continued on quickly, rushing to get everything out, "Even if you think I'm exaggerating let me tell you it is very real to me and all of Paris," pain flashed in Ladybug's eyes as she persevered while her voice broke, "Hundreds of thousands die each attack and while the miraculous cure fixes everything the survivors have lasting emotional and mental trauma which leads to more akumas. We are lucky those turned into akumas or akuma minions don't remember."

"I am not as great of a detective, and neither are my teammates. Our one suspect was gone, because he has already been akumatized. Now we're back at square one. Parisians are getting more desperate and hopeless as time goes on. It's already been four years. I- I don't want to be a burden or anything but this can't go on any longer. My team is being held back and can't leave for university or college in fear of them not being able to prevent world-ending destruction."

Ladybug kept speaking, an endless torrent of words spewing from her mouth. "You need to be aware of the danger Hawkmoth represents. He wants to obtain the ladybug and black cat miraculi so he can make a wish. The black death, sinking of Atlantis, Pompeii, and many other horrifying historical disasters were the result of these wishes. I can't stress the threat enough. Hawkmoth has even akumatized babies! We can't deal with emotions in a healthy way so it just ends up bursting out at the worst of times! The sick bastard uses every negative emotion whether it's heartbreak, a nightmare, or a broken toy! Oh I've taken up so much of your time by rambling I should probably just leave now-"

Ladybug was getting emotional and tried to get her feelings under control by habit. Kaalki had just been resting on the hero's head as she paced across the floor. The quantity of reactions was astonishing. Finally Robin blurted out,

"How?"

"Do you really not believe me?" Ladybug said in a timid voice, hating with a vehemence how weak she felt.

"No." He replied and Ladybug's face fell, but he kept speaking, "I do believe you. Nobody would make up such a lie and we have seen stranger things."

His family was a little bewildered at how he seemed to have taken to this petite Parisan. Usually it took him a very long time to warm up to people. Meanwhile Nightwing was happy for his baby brother, Robin finally liked someone that he wasn't forced to associate with! Well, he was kinda forced to be near her, but he sure didn't have to converse with Ladybug.

"You'd be surprised." the girl murmured bitterly, in response to Robin's previous statement.

Deciding to file away that tidbit Batman broke the silence.

"From what you've told us I can see this is very serious. But I think we all agree that teenagers should not be doing an adult's job by themselves."

Ladybug opened her mouth before being interrupted by Nightwing.

"We aren't saying you can't handle it, just that you shouldn't have to handle it." He amended.

Red Hood decided to add something too, "Yeah, what is that... thing on your head?" he questioned.

"I am not a thing!" Kaalki responded with righteous indignation, "I am a god!"

"Awwwww," Nightwing cooed, "Your British accent is so cute. Can I pet you?"

"Hmmph." Kaalki huffed but floated over to the excitable vigilante.

While Nightwing was cuddling Kaalki, Ladybug once again went on a long-winded explanation, this time about the miraculous. She didn't tell them everything; some details a Guardian had to keep to herself.

In all honesty the meeting was very productive, and once back in her room Marinette shared everything with her team. She hoped when she got to work the next day, the mysterious Damian would be there. Marinette luckily had not started to stalk him... yet. She still cringed thinking of the questionable decisions that had been made when she was crushing on Adrien.

Mari was so excited for the next day, something she hadn't been for a while, that she decided to let all of the kawmii out for a while. Of course the girl closed the curtains and such, also making them promise they would do anything bad. (Looking at you Trixx and Plagg).

The travel-sized miracle box opened and the kwamii whose miraculous were not in use zoomed around, relishing their rare glimpse of the outside world in who knows how long.

That night Marinette fell asleep peacefully, and no nightmares plagued her dreams.

So I have 7,000 words now. And this doesnt have much Daminette, but its coming next chapter I promise.