Chapter 18

Almost the whole Wayne household was congregated in the living room, which was odd in itself. When Mari and Dami walked in smirks and knowing looks were sent towards them. Or rather, towards their joined hands. Which were soon dropped like a hot poker.

Luckily, Alfred came to the pair's rescue before any teasing remarks could be said.

"Lunch is ready, you may make your way to the dining room."

Everyone hurried to the table, and everybody immediately began to pile their plates. Bruce sighed. Damian looked at Jason suspiciously.

"Todd, I haven't seen Jerry in a while. And we're eating turkey. Did you do anything?"

"What do you mean?" Jason's reply was muffled by the food still in his mouth.

"Master Damian, Jerry is in the... basement."

"You didn't say you had a turkey! Can I see him, Dami?"

Tim snickered quietly, "Dami?"

"I will bring Jerry up, Miss Marinette, after lunch."

Soon the table descended into slightly awkward silence as everybody ate.

"So Marinette, do you have any hobbies?" Bruce questioned.

"Um, my Maman taught me martial arts, and I love sewing and designing!"

Marinette started animatedly talking about fabrics, stitches, and other designy stuff. Many of the Wayne's were lost (except Tim of course) but Marinette was so nice to listen to. They interjected whenever they had a comment and the conversation carried on smoothly. They started talking about famous designers.

"MDC is such an amazing designer!" Tim gushed, "I've been trying to get a commission for such a long time, but the only way to contact them is through Jagged Stone and Clara Nightingale!"

Marinette was turning very red as the co-CEO of Wayne Enterprises complimented her alter-ego (well, one of them). Damian smiled at Drake's fangirl moment, causing the batfam members to glance at him uneasily.

"So!" Marinette interrupted his rant on how awesome MDC is and changed the subject.

Right after lunch was over Marinette grabbed Damian and dragged him to find Alfred. The butler showed up with Jerry the turkey, who gobbled. Marinette cooed and stroked his feathers. Soon Jerry became bored and left, making Marinette pout adorably.

"Would you like to spar now?" Damian asked hopefully.

Mari checked her phone before replying, "Sure, I have a bit of time left."

Damian happily (as happy as the darkness child could be) led Marinette to the workout gym. Marinette's jaw dropped. There was a trapeze set, at least three spares mats, training dummies, more equipment, and it was just so huge!

"If you want to change into a different set of clothes, I assume Alfred left some."

"What?! How does he know what size I am?" Marinette asked in consternation as she walked out of the bathroom.

Damian looked over what Marinette was wearing, telling himself he was not checking her out. No, not at all. Damian was simply seeing if her clothes fit correctly. He couldnt help but notice her toned arms, flat stomach... and how was she so fit?

Marinette saw Dami's eyes travel across her body in obvious appreciation. [Sorry Damian, you are definitely checking her out]. Marinette almost drooled looking at him. The black tank-top he had on did nothing to hide his physic. Damian had to be the hottest person she'd ever seen.

"I suspect those are Cass's old clothes. They do fit you nicely."

"U-um, thanks," the woman stuttered. "Lets start now."

They got into position on the closest mat. Both in ready stances. In sync they nodded and jumped towards each other. Damian threw a punch, which Marinette barely dodged. She went for a side kick. Damian blocked it and kicked back. And so it went. They grappled for a good ten minutes, neither getting the upper hand for long. It was clear the literal assassin was better, but that didn't mean Mari didn't put up a good fight.

It was almost like a dance, both trying to back the other in a corner. Marinette almost got caught, but in a last ditch effort launched herself at him, wrapping her legs around his neck and flipping him over. However, Damian did a backwards roll thing, switching their positions. They were breathing heavily with Damian pinning Marinette down below him.

But instead of tapping out, she leaned up and whispered something in his ear. Damian jumped back, flustered, while Marinette tried once again to take him down. Sadly, the boy wasn't raised in the League of Assassins for nothing. Regaining his senses, Damian quickly got her in a headlock. This time Mari tapped out, and Damain smirked and whispered a few words back.

The batboys strained their ears, but to no avail.

Damian helped Marinette up, and it was just then the young adults realized they had spectators.

"You put up an acceptable spar, Marinette." Damian complimented.

"More like awesome!" Jason exclaimed, "Where did you learn to fight like that Pixie Pop?" The others murdered in agreement.

"Just from my Maman." the tomato said in reply to the praise.

"Oh I have to go back to work soon!"

"I'll drive you back." Domain grabbed her arm gently.

They left the shocked and/or confused Wayne family behind. Honestly though, they just couldn't believe the youngest was being nice.

Damian and Marinette blissfully enjoyed the ride back to town. Damian walked with her into the art supply shop. He saw the owner and a professional looking woman speaking.

"Nathalie?"

"Ah, Miss Dupain Cheng. I am here to give you a formal apology for the actions Adrien has done. He has been sent back to Paris, we don't even know how he got here, and his phone has been taken away." she began to cough before controlling herself, "If you wish to press assault charges, he will pay from his own pocket. It is unacceptable what he has done."

Marinette felt satisfaction course through her at thought of Adrien being disciplined like a disobedient child.

"I will think it over, thank you for the apology Nathalie. Have a safe flight to Paris."

Nathalie nodded and politely left.

"Who was that?"

"Gabriel's assistant."

"See you soon, Angel." Damian kissed her hand and left as well, leaving Marinette flustered.

This is kinda short but I wanted to post something before the weekend. I did not look over this so there might be grammar and spelling mistakes.