Chapter 22

“Distraction 17L!” Ladybug shouted, yawning at the end. What a great akuma. A little boy wanted his parents to go to sleep so they would stop fighting. Of course, they didn't. So now she had to face - dun dun dun - *announcer voice* The… Sleepifier! Whoo hoo.

Another fluffy cloud-sheep (don't even) bleated and tried to chew Ladybug’s hair. The more the cloud-sheep chewed, the more sleepy she became. Ladybug shoved the cloud-sheep away, only to see Viperion asleep on the rooftop. Oh yeah, it was only a trick. Right, distraction. She yawned, mind fuzzy.

Dressed in the most horrendous nightmare nightwear, the boy floated towards them on a cloud. The awful colours awakened Ladybug slightly.

“Ooh look, a haaaaaaaarp.” Sleepifier yawned. “That will help them sleep.”

The purple butterfly appeared over his face. Sleepifier seemed to be listening, but a few seconds through Hawkmoths pep-talk, Sleepifier drifted off into dreamland. Looks like Hawkmoth should choose better powers to give people.

Ladybug felt herself become drowsier, so she snuck behind the sleeping akuma. While he was still sleeping Ladybug crept up behind him and ripped Sleepifier's nightcap in half, releasing the akuma butterfly and purifying it.

"Miraculous Ladybug," she yawned, throwing her yo-yo into the air.

All Ladybug wanted to do was curl into a ball and sleep. The pink ladybugs repaired all the damage, which really was only sheep poop (cotton candy) covering Parisian buildings like spider webs.

The tired heroine high-fived her partners before teleporting back to Gotham. It was 2 in the morning and she really needed to start sleeping more.

"Hey, Marinette, I have something to repo-"

Neekka walked through the door, just to stand in shock. After all, Marinette was still in Ladybug clothing.

"Uh, why are you here, Ladybug? At Marinette's… wait. Marinette?"

"Ugh, why couldn't you just not be smart! Then I wouldn't have a million people knowing my identity! How did you even get in! I can't even deal with this…"

Neekka still stared  in as Ladybug detransformed into Marinette. Marinette's eyelids drooped, and she collapsed into exhaustion. 

{{}}

Marinette groaned as she woke up. Last night had been a rollercoaster. Falling asleep next to Damian, working on commissions all night, battling a particularly sleepy akuma, Neekka finding out her identity, having Rose apologize, learning that there was a 99% chance Nino was being abused by Alya…

Needless to say, she was tired. And very grumpy.

Marinette noticed Neekka was gone, and resolved to explain everything later.

"Marinette! You know you will have to
Marinette dragged herself to CupsaCoffee, dragged herself to work, and flopped behind the counter. Less than 10 minutes later, guess who showed up.

“I can't f*cking do this today.” Marinette muttered, her mouth accidentally slipping out a swear.

“Alfred would be very disappointed if he heard you, Angel.”

She heard Plagg snicker, but Marinette couldn't even be ashamed.

"I thought you were Lila."

"How could you compare me to that harlot?" Damian asked indignantly.

Marinette didn't even reply, slumping on the counter.

"I'm so tired." She groaned.

"Then sleep."

"I can't just sleep! I have jobs! Responsibilityaaaaaaa," another yawn, "Responsibilities!"

"Sleep. I'll take over for a while. You look exhausted."

"No! This is my job! I caaaaaaaaaaa, I can do it."

"I'll be fine." Damian told her firmly."Sleep."

"Fine, but I'm paying you for this…" she drifted off. Damian admired her for a moment, before turning to the front, ready to do her job properly.

Not even 10 minutes later her phone rang. Damian debated answering it. He did not want to wake her up, but he could just let it ring. He saw Marinette move her arm to answer it. It didn't matter then, since she was awake now.

The only thing was, after Angel had answered the call, she had fallen asleep again.

"MARIBUG!!!" The phone screeched. Damian sighed.

"Marinette is sleeping so I would appreciate it if you did not wake her up with your banshee shrieking."

"Who is this?" A different voice demanded harshly.

"Damian. Who are you?"

"Oh~" the banshee voice said, ignoring his question, "Damian."

"Yes, I am Damian." He replied impatiently. "Now who are you."

"Kagami Tsurgi and Chloe Bourgeois. Also known as Mari's beat friends."

"Hmm."

"What are your intentions with our Marinette?"

"I want to be friends."

"Or more?" Chloe asked.

"Yes. Now don't call in less than an hour and a half. You could wake Marinette."

Then he hung up.

Sorry short chap. And sorry for the long wait, wattpad was being a jerk and I had to deal with baby goats we've been having. They were not supposed to be born yet, especially not in -40 WEATHER but what happens happens.

The white twin had his hoofs backwards so he couldn't stand up for three days but he's okay now. We had twin miniature goats and one full sized goat. Full sized is at the top of you want to see him.

Sorry for spamming you guys with my life. If you even read that.

 If you even read that