Chapter 19

Neekka followed the obnoxiously loud group of graduates. The fourteen year old girl had heard from Juleka, Alix, and Chloe what this group had done to their friend. Neekka hated when people got away with bad things. That was why she volunteered to inconspicuously stay near them to get evidence. The others would be recognized in an instant.

For the past week, the dirty blonde girl had been joining the video chats with Marinette, and already liked her. Marinette's bubbly personality was pretty nice. That's why Neekka was going to Gotham.

The remainder of the class had been showing cult-like behaviour, with their leader the girl with ugly sausage hair. Lila. Neekka was 4 years younger than them, and she was smarter, not gonna lie. Which made no sense, because her biological parents had never enrolled her in school. At least she was bilingual. Until Neekka was 9, she had lived in Canada. Her parents didn't fit the stereotypical Canadians though. They were mean, and and hated everything but control. They are stupid af.

[Me wanting to murder in agreement.]

Neekka was annoyed she couldn't just tape the conversations that lied and slandered about celebrities. But there were laws against that so she had to get someone in the cult on her side. Some possibilities were the big tall one or the red hat one. They were looking the most uncomfortable and/or embarrassed. Chloe had told Neekka that there had been transfers and they fell into the web of lies too. Were people really that gullible?

She had to admit that Lila wasn't stupid. She didn't lie about dumb things, anymore. But then again Alix told Neekka about the napkin incident. That was just disappointing. Now, Lila only lied about things that were sadly a little realistic, if you believed celebrity gossip and tabloid articles.

A flight attendant directed the French graduates onto the plane, the bright smile doing nothing to hide the irritation on their face. Neekka felt bad for everyone who met the class.

Neekka had to admit, getting akumatized was the best thing to happen to her. Luka and Juleka are the best siblings she could ask for. And Anarka was... Anarka. Loud and free, but caring. Luka and Juleka's friends were as awesome as them too. Chloe and Alix had found it pretty funny that Neekka's name fit right in with the other Couffaine's. All of them end with 'ka'.

[I totally didn't plan that]

The 'fasten your seatbelt' sign popped up. Neekka and the two people beside her buckled up. She glanced out the window, plugged in her earbuds, and settled in for the flight.

{{{•}}}

Ladybug ran across Gotham's rooftops. Reaching the same spot as she had met the vigilantes at the last few nights, the heroine waved at Nightwing. He smiled and spoke into his com.

"Is it safe to teleport into the cave?"

"Yup! See you there magic girl!"

Ladybug laughed and portalled to the bat cave. She walked over to the exceedingly large computers some of the bats were huddled at. Red Robin was muttering ineligibly to himself, looking like he hadn't slept in the past month. 'Mood.' Ladybug thought.

The black and red clad girl pulled out a binder from her yoyo, surprising the vigilantes. It was still unnerving that Ladybug could take such a big thing out of her childish weapon. Magic, am I right?

The binder was placed on the desk.

"So far I've narrowed down the area the akuma butterflies come from to here."

"That's half of Paris." Robin stated.

"I know that, but it's better than nothing. Anyways," she adressed Red Robin, "I had originally thought Gabriel Agreste was Hawkmoth; it checks out."

"Originally?"

"Well, he got akumatized. So after that I was back to square one."

"Why can't you 'akumatize' yourself?" Robin asked, totally not feeling left out of the conversation.

"My team thought of that, but Hawkmoth would have to detransform with the butterfly still evil, and the logistics of that are hard to understand. The kwamii were never given much information of that sort, they haven't been able to contact Nooroo, and the old Guardian never got that far in my training. We aren't even sure if he knew in depth about the extents of the miraculi power."

"I had to change my VPN address, but I eventually got a clip of Hawkmoth's face. It was too covered to do facial recognition, but I ran a voice recognition."

"And?" Ladybug eagerly asked.

"There's over 50 men in Paris that could match it."

"Oh." Then she perked up again, "How many of them have a woman who could match Mayura? Or someone who matches Hawkmoth's silhouette?"

"Well, she hasn't been seen much, but I analyzed her estimated weight and height. Along with Hawkmoth's... that eliminates 11 of them."

"39 possible candidates. Red Robin, is Gabriel Agreste among them?"

He scanned over the names.

"Yes. And if you eliminate the men who live outside of your pinpointed area, 7 more are not suspects."

"Okay..." The three went over the data for the next hour, until Ladybug told them she had to get some sleep, otherwise her friends would come and threaten her at sword/designer heel point.

"They have already become acceptable." Robin commented.

Ladybug smiled, then teleported out of the bat cave, back to her hotel room. The sky was dark, stars dim. Tomorrow the Couffaine's new sister would arrive, along with the headache. That was not something Marinette was looking forward to. Her class, also known as the sheep, the idiots, the cult, the headache, etc were already ruining her new landscape. Marinette had LITERALLY TELEPORTED ACROSS THE OCEAN TO GET AWAY. What more did a girl have to do?

{{{•}}}

As Marinette was woken, the information she had learned previously flooded her mind. Today the class was coming. It already boded bad things. Still, Marinette dutifully went through her stretching routine, got dressed, grabbed coffee, and went off to work.

She smiled and waved at the regulars, but seriously somehow they were there every single day. Like how much art supplies could you possibly need? Anyways, they smiled back and continued gathering supplies.

All morning Marinette was anxious, making the regulars a little uneasy. A few minutes before her lunch break the bell on the door jingled. Neekka walked inside and immediately made her way to the bluenette.

"How're you doing?"

"Good, umm..." Marinette trailed off.

"The class is touring Wayne Enterprises right now. The employees seem pretty fed up. Most of the sheep aren't even listening, only pink girl, red hat and skull shirt are not fully absorbed in Lila."

"Oh, so Rose, Nino and Ivan?"

"Sure. Uh yeah, Nino looked like he was trapped, and glasses was being very threatening to him."

Once again the door opened, this time Damian entering.

"Hello, Marinette."

"Damian!" she replied happily.

"Oh~ so this is Damian?" Neekka said, "Well, I'll just leave you two to it."

Then she left them.

So a POV change there and um the class is in Gotham. Karma is coming! I literally still can't believe I have like 13k reads and 500 votes so TYSM!! Hope this chapter wasn't too horribly boring