Chapter 12

Damian returned to the Wayne manor after wandering around Poison Ivy's gardens and sketching, which was after his outing with Marinette. As soon as he walked through the doors he came face to face with all of his family. Todd and Brown had smirks on their faces, Grayson was excited, Cass and Alfred were there, Drake was a zombie (like usual), and Father was impassive.

Damian raised an eyebrow.

"Wow Demon Spawn, or should I say Dami? Didn't know you had it in you to get a girlfriend~. And one who is so cute~" Todd couldn't help himself.

"Wait, that was real? You saw them too?" Drake said in a confused tone. Tt. He can't even tell the difference between real and fake. Marinette was much too gorgeous to just be a hallucination.

"A girlfriend?" Bruce asked.

"Tt." Damian replied curtly, "Merely an acquaintance." But he felt Marinette would not be too happy being called an acquaintance.

"Aw Little D I'm so proud of you! The first friend you made by yourself! Oh wait, actually, your first girlfriend!" Grayson squealed.

"And she made him..." Todd paused for dramatic effect, "Apologize."

"Marinette is Not. My. Girlfriend." Damian cut in before any of the idiots could comment on the apology thing.

"Ooooh. First names already Damian? How come you still call us by our last names?" Brown butted in.

Bruce's eyes glinted and Damian knew, he f*cked up. Giving away Ang- Marinette's first name was a mistake. There would be a file on her by morning, and probably adoption papers once Father saw her picture. She had the looks after all. But he could not let that happen. Inwardly Damian sighed. Now he'd have to go hunt for Father's hidden papers. And his family would probably all stalk Marinette.

"I believe Master Damian would like to eat, and dinner is getting cold." Alfred looked at the family, and they hurried into the dining room as to not face Alfred's punishment.

Damian was glad Alfred had interrupted the discussion. Luckily supper passed with the usual noise and teasing. But not as much as Damian had expected. When the meal was done, Alfred held off the animals but made sure to tell Damian,

"I expect you to invite this Marinette to lunch soon?"

It was phrased as a question, but the young Wayne knew it most certainly was not.

"Yes." The man replied and escaped to go feed Bat-cow.

Meanwhile...

"Plagg, cheddar cheese is not that bad. It honesty tastes and smells better than camemb-"

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS!" The cat exploded floating towards the girl dramatically, then put a paw on his forehead and pretended to faint, "Pigtails, I'm feeling ill. All of the harmful words you have said about my camembert have left me in pieces."

"Oh put a sock in it, Plagg. Marinette doesn't even wear pigtails anymore," Tikki told him from across the small room, "And eat your cheese. Marinette has better things to do than buy you camembert. Which is expensive."

"But-"

"No." the ladybug kwami said sternly.

Obviously, Plagg shut up and ate his, and I quote, 'Horrible, disgusting American cheese'. Marinette laughed from her place on the bed. Honestly, the kwamii are better friends than her old classmates (with the exception of Chloe, Alix, and Juleka who were the absolute best).

"Hey Tikki?"

The goddess looked up from her cookies.

"Do you think I can go back to the bakery? I want to get some stuff but... I'm scared." Mari's voice trailed off to a whisper.