Chapter 21

Marinette opened her eyes, and held in a screech as she realized Damian had fallen asleep. Holding her. After her moment of panic, Mari wished she could've just stayed in his warm embrace, instead of jumping off the bed. She peeked out the blinds, only to see darkness. Which meant Marinette had slept right through the other half of her work day. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

On the bright side, Marinette had gotten a full eight hours of sleep for the first time in three weeks. She walked over to Damian, and saw his eyes were closed. Not being creepy or anything, but he looked so calm and peaceful and beautiful and not grumpy when asleep that Mari couldn't help but stare. When Dami opened his eyes Marinette jumped away and pretended to be tidying up. It would be embarrassing if Damian caught her just watching him. Not as bad as the time the cameraman got into her room, but still.

Damian sat up, noticing Marinette red faced. He of course had sensed her staring at him, which Damian felt was odd. Maybe there was something irregular about him when he was resting. Damian's internal clock told him it was about 9pm. Never before had he slept longer than he wanted to. Damian sat up, and walked over to Marinette.

"Marinette, I apologize for falling asleep and imposing on your company."

"Oh that's fine! You weren't imposing, and I fell asleep too," She smiled. "Do you have to leave now?"

"I'm afraid so."

"You? Afraid?" The bluenette joked.

"It's a figure of speech, Angel." Damian sent her a flat look.

Marinette just smiled again, and when her Dami awkwardly turned to leave she spun him around and planted a kiss on his lips. Then pushed him out the door, smirking at his flusteredness.

Soon after the doubts ran through her mind. Were they dating now? Did Damian even date? He didn't seem to be the type to play around, but what if he was? Or maybe she's just overthinking this, and there was nothing between them. But they kissed, so they must be more than friends. What if it's just friends with benefits?

"Hey," Plagg came out of somewhere, "I haven't bothered you for like, forever. I want cheeeeeeeeeese!"

"You can have cheddar cheese again."

"Why must you torture me like this?! You said if I was good I could have some!"

"Yes, if you were good." Marinette emphasized.

"I was!"

"You pushed Damian on top of me." She deadpanned.

"Well if me and Trixx didn't, you would've just stared at each other's eyes like love sick fools! Instead, you got a smooch! How is that not good!" Plagg countered.

He had a point.

"Fine. Let's go get some right now."

Marinette threw on a jacket, grabbed her purse, and walked out. It might be dumb to go out this late, but she could take care of herself. She continued down the street, inwardly yelling at Plagg for being so whiny, and hard to say 'no' to. The woman was enjoying the brisk walk though. Until she noticed a petite woman being followed by a tall man.

Hurrying across the street, Marinette swung an arm around the mystery girl's shoulders.

"So!" Mari exclaimed when the blonde girl flinched. "Excited to finally see your boyfriend after all this time?! I heard he got ripped!"

The man's step faltered, but he kept pursuing them.

The girl turned her head, then shrieked. "Mari!"

"Yup! It's me!" she replied to Rose, faking cheerfulness. Mari wracked her head for what might scare off a creepy guy, deciding to process the fact her old classmate wasn't trying to hurt or belittle her later.