Chapter 6

Marinette was extremely flustered. It was not fair that Damian could just stare at her and say her name was pretty! Just not fair! The red-faced and blushing girl rang up his order while avoiding his direct gaze.

"Your total is 12.99."

The girl said as she looked at the counter. Honestly, Damian didn't know what possessed him to grab her arm. He hated touching, so why do it to someone else? She was just so cute when she blushed he couldn't help it. Wait no-- what he actually meant to think was that she was too... annoying! Yes, that's it. He grabbed her because she was too annoying and he didn't want her to, uh, leave without grabbing some more paint.

Marinette covertly eyed Damian curiously; he had a weird look on his face. It didn't really differ from his usual scowl, but it was almost like his face was showing emotion. Not much though, and Mari felt even a slight change in expression was a lot from that stone-faced statue.

Marinette looked at the boy as he grabbed his paints.

"Bye, Damian."

"Bye, Marinette."

As Mari lay in bed after work she was content. It might not seem like much but it had been awhile since she had been truly content. It wasn't time to meet with the batfam, so Marinette called her friends. On the first ring, Kagami answered this time.

"Hello, Mari-hime."

"Hey Maribug."

"Hi Chloe and Gami!"

The conversation drifted and Marinette made the mistake of mentioning Damian. Obviously Chloe jumped at the chance to tease her.

"Ooooooooh, who's this Damian?"

"Yes, Mari-hime. Who is this boy, and do I need to battle him?"

"No!" Marinette chuckled awkwardly, "He's just someone who came to the shop. I've only seen him twice. He looks grumpy, and he has the most beautiful green eyes they're so deep and alluring, and he is soooooo handsome! He even called my name pretty!" she started to gush.

"Are you sure you don't like him? It seems like you have a type. Adrien, Luka, and now this Damian kid all have green eyes." Chloe laughed.

"W-what? Come on, Luka's eyes are basically blue." the girl pouted.

"Chloe, let Marinette be."

"Thanks, Gami." Marinette responded gratefully.

"After all," the fencer continued, "We should be happy she is going to get a boyfriend."

"Nooooooooooooo!" Mari groaned and was then subjected to a lot of good natured teasing over a guy she had only seen twice.

It soon came to the time and Mari and to end the call. Her and Tikki ate a little snack before transforming. Sometimes it was annoying to do the high kicks and stuff, but usually no matter how tired she was Marinette got a burst of energy equal to two cups of coffee.

Ladybug swung across the rooftops from her yoyo. It was dark, but the moon shone bright. Ladybug loved the feeling of wind through her hair. She fell, before catching herself and swinging back up. She smiled happily, while a certain blonde-boy watched her in the shadows.

Adrien watched his lady. She was still so pretty, but she didn't deserve the earrings. She had the nerve to reject him over and over, then got mad when he missed a few battles? It's not his fault his civilian life is so busy. But that doesn't matter. Once he gets her miraculous she will regret it.

Ladybug was oblivious to the creep and his plots. As soon as she touched foot on the rooftop Batman himself appeared out of the shadows. It was hard to conceal her fangirl squeal from actually seeing him, and the hero wasn't sure she actually did, but can you really blame her? He's one of the best detectives in the world!

Robin scoffed and muttered something she couldn't hear easily, although it sounded like "Foolish girl." This made her frown.

"Try fighting the equivalent of Superman everyday and see how foolish you feel!" Ladybug shot back angrily. Alright, it wasn't the best comeback, but she was irritated easily by people not taking her seriously .

Robin might've been a little taken aback, but his face didn't reveal much. It looked like he was listening to the comm, and Ladybug saw the frown deepen. Finally he scowled very very angrily and told her, looking like it physically pained him,

"Sorry."

"We have looked into your situation," Batman interrupted with a raised eyebrow, "And there was nothing except an app called Ladyblog."

All of them watched in interest as Ladybug's face changed to a look of sadness and disappointment, with a bit of irritation mixed in. She sighed heavily.

"Ah, well that is an interesting story. The owner of this blog originally had great content and was a researcher. She then started believing the lies of a girl and the Ladyblog became a gossip column. Now the only truth in there are the videos of akuma battles. Which she puts herself in a considerable amount of danger to film."

Robin glowed at the pavement. "Shouldn't this girl have the common sense to not rush to where the danger is and put you at risk as well?"

Ladybug could see some of the other heroes vigilantes stare at him in surprise. She understood that he was one of the more violent and less talkative of the bunch, but him just speaking was a shock? Ladybug replied wryly,

"She doesn't have much common sense anymore."

"Hey Ladybug!" Nightwing smiled, "How about we discuss the problem in the Bat-cave with the rest of the crew? Although you'll have to be blindfolded."

A little overcome by how much trust they were putting in her, no pressure right?, the heroine said back brightly in severe contrast to her dark atmosphere just a minute ago,

"Oh it's okay! I can just teleport there so you don't have to go through the trouble!"

"Uh, sweetheart..." Red Hood began, "Wouldn't you have to know the location to get there?"

"Nope! I can envision it, but I will still not know the location!"

Her bright white smile almost blinded the members of the Batfam; most were not accustomed to being beamed at, without malicious intent, in their vigilante get-up or otherwise. Usually people ignore them, so it was a little startling.

"Meet you there!" she winked and called out the traditional, "Kaalki, Voyage!"

She didn't even give them the chance to speak before disappearing into the glowing purple hole.

"We should get going, Father. She seems somewhat sane but I do not wish for her to be wandering through the Bat-cave unattended."

"Is that so Demon Spawn?" Red Hood asked, "Ladybug must really be something if you call her sane. Does the baby have a crush~"

"No I do not." Robin ground out. "I just happen to think she has brains, unlike you, Hood."

Before Red Hood could reply with more teasing remarks Batman cut in, "Robin is right. We must return as soon as possible."

With that they all quickly dispersed to make their way back to the mansion. 

So here's another chapter. Please comment even if it has nothing to do with the story it makes my day :)  

And maybe vote too...