Chapter 20

"Is she a friend?"

"Of course! She's actually the little sister of two of my friends!"

"Acceptable." Damian spoke, and Marinette had to refrain from staring at his lips. Now was not the time. Her mind still wandered to the kiss. Technically it wasn't her first, but it was the first one that wasn't involved with an akuma.

Damian conversed with Marinette as they walked to their lunch place, and he didn't show it, but the fact that Marinette was glancing at his mouth in regular intervals made him feel... dare he say it... happy. It was worrisome. God forbid he lose his scowl.

As per usual they ordered their meals. Marinette had forgotten about her classmates, until the sound of loud French chattering reached her ears. Great. They show up just when she was having a good time. Marinette started sliding down in her seat, trying to not be noticed.

"Is something the matter?" Damian inquired.

"Uh nope! It's all fine!" the woman laughed nervously.

"Fine?" Damian frowned, "Grayson has told me that when a woman says 'fine' they do not usually mean it."

Marinette laughed again, in amusement. "No, I really am fi- good. I'm good."

"Adequate." Damian frowned again and added on irritatedly, "Why are those French buffoons talking so loud? And lies, from the sound of it."

"Oh, I don't know. But-"

Marinette was cut off by Lila boasting loudly, which caused annoyed looks to be sent their way. Nino spoke quietly to Alya, which caused the girl to shoot him a look of anger and dig her nails into his arm painfully. Nino flinched and his eyes pointed down at the floor. Ivan looked like he was trying to sink into the ground.

"Oh, j'ai aidé Batman et ses acolytes à vaincre le Joker! Batman était tellement reconnaissant qu'il m'a donné un batarang. Mais je l'ai laissé à Paris. Je ne veux juste pas le perdre!" Lila bragged. Other customers looked confused, but a few understood the gist of what she was saying, and inwardly laughed, because the girl would soon not be lying.

*Oh, I helped Batman and his sidekicks take down the Joker! Batman was so grateful he gave me a batarang. But I left it in Paris. I just don't want to lose it!

Damian stared at sausage-hair incredulously. He turned to Marinette, "Does that idiot have any idea of what she is saying. That could get her killed."

"Typical Lila. Not thinking past her own lies." The bluenette sighed.

"You know this harlot?"

Oops.

Marinette didn't want to spill the whole story yet, at least not in a public place, "Well, yes. Her and her sheep have been my classmates for the past 6 or 7 years."

"Tell me you are joking."

"Well on the bright side, I'm not going to the same college as them?"

Damian was about to answer, until sausage-hair saw him, and Marinette. She attempted to sexily walk over towards them, when really Lila looked like she had crippled legs. Damian heard Marinette stifle a giggle. Lila slid into the booth beside Damian, resting a hand on his chest and saying,

"I know Marislut is blackmailing you, but you don't have to pretend to date her just to look good."

Damian was about to break her wrist, when Angel walked over, and calmly twisted Lila's arm off of his chest.

"Remember what I said I would do if you ever laid a hand on my friends?"

Lila blanched.

"Oh," Marinette continued conversationally, "Did you see what Adrien looked like after he got shipped back to Paris?"