17. Interhigh - Semifinals

Second set 0-1
Aoba Johsai - Shiratorizawa
15 - 19

You were playing great this game. Given that all your serves had not only hit inside court, but have been incredibly hard for Aoba Johsai to receive.

It wasn't only you if not the whole team seemed to be playing exceptionally well. Much to Aoba Johsai's despair. You weren't fully warmed up yet but you could tell your blocking had also been spot on today, further applying pressure to their setter.

Aoba Johsai's setter was looking around more than usual, engraving your placements into her brain.

Setters love to rile up their opponents then use a dump on them when they're least expecting it.

Keeping your options open you stared at the setters hands, predicting where she would toss.

It's way too early to be using a dump

Left. You ran to the left and met Mori, jumping up right away.

Spikers tend to look at where they're going to spike

You recalled a conversation you had with Tendou when he had decided to stop by your classroom in the middle of break.

"What if I stare at one place but spike to another?" you asked after having thought of it for a while.

"Have you ever tried to do that Y/N-chan?" you shook your head, "It'd be a hard skill to perfect." he hummed.

"Or you can just spike it so hard that it doesn't matter if they see where you're spiking, you'll overpower their block anyways." Shirabu added as he passed you the jelly snacks you had asked him to bring you.

"You're right Kenjirou~ either way, I'm sure if you practice you'll be able to perfect both of those skills in due time." Tendou cheered as he stretched his hands up. "But at the moment, for most high school spikers, they tend to look at where they're going to spike." he hummed as he stood up and waved Shirabu and you goodbye to make his way back to his classroom.

You saw as the spiker looked to your right, opposite of the way your body's momentum was flying. You moved your palm to the right, milliseconds before her own palm made contact with the ball. You slightly winced at the ball's contact as you landed seconds after it.
You saw as the spiker stared daggers at you from the position she was crouched at. Pissed you had just blocked her spike.

So this is what Tendou-san was talking about

You held back the smirk threatening to paint your face and gave her a blank stare before turning back to meet your teammates.

"Nice block O-i-ka-wa! Oikawa! Oikawa!"

"Nice block Oi-chan!" Mori smiled as she gave you a big thumbs up. You shily nodded before turning your attention back onto the court.

Second set 0-1
Aoba Johsai - Shiratorizawa
15 - 20

-

"Nice serve!"

You breathed in as you bounced the ball in front of you, twirling it in your hands.

85%?

You hummed to yourself as the ref blew his whistle. Moving the ball in front of you before throwing it up.

One
Two
Three

You jumped up, hand cranked back and cheeks puffed up.

85%

You hit the ball, imagining one of the water bottles you had practiced with, placed between Aoba Johsai's captain and one of their spikers. Avoiding their libero.