90. Party Hardy

Note: ~lyrics~ are the song lyrics

"What if we have a party?"

"...huh?" You deadpanned at Tooru, unsurprised but confused at his suggestion.

"Look, I already checked with mamma, I told her we were both very depressed over our losses and asked if it'd be possible to have a party on the weekend they're gonna be gone for a business trip!"

"And she said...?" You asked, leaning back against the kitchen island as you waited for Tooru to continue.

"She said yes, of course, I'm her favorite, afterall."

You clicked your tongue at him and rolled your eyes.

"Okay, so we're having a party next week, big deal." You shrugged, not at all impressed by his mediocre ideas.

"No but wait."

You hummed, raising a brow at him as you crossed your arms in displeasure.

"What if we make it a costume party?"

"...Tooru."

He hummed.

"Halloween is literally a month away."

"Okay and?? A costume party would be so much fun! Plus, when else would we have the opportunity to throw a party like this?"

You sighed, rubbing at your temples as Tooru looked at you excitedly.

"I'll even let you invite those Shiratorizawa bastards, okay?"

You lift a brow up at him in amusement.

"I was originally only gonna let you invite your team and my boys Kawanishi, Shirabu and Goshiki, but I guess you can invite the rest of them too. Imma invite some classmates too, so it isn't awkwardly empty." He sighed, shrugging as he leaned back against the counter top, sporting an expression that basically sang for compliments on his "generosity."

"Yeah okay, let's get to planning then."

"So this is me, inviting you all to a party at my house next Saturday. If you don't have a costume you're not walking in, just so you all know." You said nonchalantly, looking at Shirabu for the last part before shrugging.

"A party just because?" Tendou asked, looking at you in question.

You nodded, thinking back on your conversation with Tooru. "My nii-chan told mamma that we were very sad over losing, and she let us have a party on the weekend they're gone for a business trip."

Tendou slowly nodded, his mouth falling into a small 'o.'

"I'll help you clean up the day after, Y/N-san!" Goshiki exclaimed, smiling up at you as you softly snickered and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you, Tsutomu-chan." You smiled, turning to look back at the others as you remembered something else. "Also, I doubt you guys would do anything bad but just in case, please respect the house." You added, looking up at all of them as they nodded, confused as to why you had to say so.

"Won't your party get shut down though?" Yamagata asked, remembering the last time the team threw a party and it was shut down almost an hour later.

"I mean our house is pretty big, so it covers a couple acres which will kinda reduce the noise from outside, but either way we told our neighbors just in case." You nodded, reassuring them all as they hummed, looking at the clock to see that your break time was almost over.