28. Nationals - semis

"Thank you!"
The Shiratorizawa boys bowed as the cheering section cheered them on, trying to lift their moods.

"I can't believe they lost."
You nodded as you turned to look at Kaneko with a sigh. "Me ei-... Kaneko?" she hummed as she looked up at you. "Why are you the one crying? We're still in."

Kaneko sniffed as she shook her head. "Semi-san's such a reliable setter and they didn't let him play to his full potential." Kaneko wailed as she looked down at the boys walking to the exit.

You face palmed before placing your hands on her shoulders, flipping her around and pushing her out the stands.
"Come on, we need to rest up for semi's."

-

"All right here we go!"

"I believe they got knocked out in the quarterfinals a couple months ago."

"Really?" you looked up at Kaneko as you reached for your feet.

"Though I heard something about them." You hummed, urging her to continue.

"Our opponent today..."

"They're like Itachiyama, but girls."
You stopped stretching and looked up at her, biting your lip to stop yourself from laughing. "What?"

You shook your head as you switched legs. "We're like Shiratorizawa but girls." You smiled up at her, giggling at the scowl she was giving you.

"Really?"
You giggled as you sat up, pushing yourself up. "Really." you smiled at her.

"...Is Hisamitsu High School!"

"No but seriously, they got first place as Tokyo representatives." Kaneko skipped next to you.
"Doesn't matter. We're advancing into finals no matter their placement." You shrugged as you reached the bench, listening to coach Kojima give everyone one of his pep talks.

"Nice to meet you!"

"Though I heard they only won from luck." Kaneko leaned in and whispered into your ear. You shrugged as you bumped your hip against hers. "Let's hope we're luckier than them this round." Kaneko sighed as Kojima began calling out the starters' names.
"Oikawa!"

"All right here we go!"

You glanced back at Kaneko and smiled. "We don't need luck."

-

What was it that Jiji always says?

"Right!" you yelled as you started running up, making eye contact with Nakamoto as you jumped. Nakamoto bent backwards, setting it up to you as you swung your arm. Your palm collided with the ball as you shot a cross, perfectly evading the blockers.

Make your own luck.

"Yash!" you turned and raised a fist in the air as your teammates jogged over to you. Ruffling your hair or giving you a high five, before walking off the court after the ref called a timeout.

Shiratorizawa v Hisamitsu
18-16

"Thanks." you smiled at Kaneko as you took the water bottle and towel she was handing you.

"Nice straight Oikawa!" Sasaki jogged up to you, slapping your back. "T-thanks." you coughed, the water you were drinking threatening to go up from the slap. You drank some more water as you blinked the forming tears away, massaging your throat with your other hand.

You sighed as the ref blew the whistle, dropping the water bottle and towel on the bench before looking up at Kaneko.
"Told ya we didn't need luck." You smiled at her, not letting her answer as you jogged back into the court.