68. Doki Doki

"My heart went doki doki."

Ushijima said, looking at you with his usual blank stoic expression as you pouted.

"Waka-san! You can't just say it like that, you have to mean it." You huffed, crossing your arms as he nodded.

"I did mean it though, you were very... cute, and made my heart go doki doki."

You sighed, Semi and Reon snickering at your sides as Tendou hummed.

"Well his heart rate went up." Tendou shrugged, showing the heart rate monitor on Ushijima's wrist as you all gawked at it.

"So you weren't lying?" Yamagata asked, Ushijima nodding as you all hummed.

"Well then I guess I win." You grinned, looking up at Tendou as he scoffed.

"Why did you find Y/N-chan acting cute more adorable than the ultimate kawaii tricks I unleashed!" Tendou whined, Ushijima shrugging as he took off the heart rate monitor.

"Y/N is cuter than you Tendou, you lost the moment you chose to go against her." Semi hummed, pulling you in as you grinned widely.

"You're just biased semi-semi." Tendou hummed, crossing his arms as he looked at the other third years.

"Who would you-"

"Y/N-chan." They interrupted him, not hesitating with their answer as you giggled brightly, Tendou glaring at all of you and standing up dramatically as he turned around.

"Since my presence is no longer needed here, I'll be taking my leave." He hummed, pouting as he walked forward, exiting the cafeteria as you all looked at him leave, waiting a couple seconds before he peeked his head in, glaring at all of you as he whined.

"You're all so rude! You were supposed to follow me."

You snorted, laughing with the third years before your phone flashed with a reminder.

"Ah, I have to get going now. See you all tomorrow, senpais!" You smiled, waving them off as they waved back, watching you leave the cafeteria as Tendou walked back over to them.

Once you had gone a safe distance they turned to look back at Ushijima, smiling like school boys as Ushijima raised a brow at them.

"What?"

"No fair Ushijima, how'd you manage to hold out that long?" Yamagata asked, nudging him as he shrugged.

"Well at the beginning she was acting like some of the other girls who confessed their feelings for me." He hummed, setting down his chopsticks before continuing. "They all seem to think I like cute things, so they act like that often, which is why I wasn't affected by Y/N-chan's or Tendou's tricks."

"Who gave her the idea to kiss your cheek though?" Reon asked, leaning on his hand as the other boys shrugged.

"I did." Tendou hummed, the other's turning to look up at him with wide eyes. "I didn't think you'd react though, Wakatoshi-kun. You even blushed!"
"I did not." Ushijima deadpanned at him, looking at him with scrunched brows as Tendou nodded.

"Did to."

"I did not."

"Did to~"

You checked the time, humming as you walked through Karasuno's school gates.

You glanced around, pouting as you tried to find your way to the volleyball gym. Despite the difference in size to Shiratorizawa, you still managed to get lost, and it definitely didn't help that there were no signs or little to no people walking around the outside of the school at that hour.