21. Super glue

"NO TOORU."
"SHATTUP I'M MAKING THE GOAL"
"TOORU THAT'S-"
You groaned as you saw Tooru's little figure make a goal as he celebrated.

"That was your goal dumbass."
Tooru stopped mid-celebration and looked at you.
"Wha?"
"THE POINT WENT TOWARDS THE OTHER TEAM."

Tooru cranked his head back to the screen seeing as the opponents score went up a point.
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" He turned to yell at you, shifting back when you glared at him.

"I was trying to, but you didn't let me." You glared at him as you poked his chest. He turned away and grumbled something under his breath before slumping down onto the sofa.

"Let's play something else."
"Are you just going to ignore the fact that you lost my winning streak on Winning Eleven?"

"Yes." Tooru hummed as you chucked a pillow at him, hitting him straight in the face before falling off his lap. He turned up to glare at you, vein popping out as he grabbed the fallen pillow.

"Don't do it." You glared at him as you reached for another pillow. Tooru lunged forward, pillow in hand as he swatted at you, once, twice.

You received the pillow blows before swatting at him back. Hitting him with the pillow up against one of the walls. Tooru lifted his pillow above his head, hitting one of the frames behind him.

"Wait, Tooru-"
You started, Tooru ignoring you as he hit one straight in your face. You fell backwards at the same time the frame fell from the pin that was holding it up. Glass shattering before it broke open, showing the picture of Tooru and you in matching space shirts.

Tooru looked down at the ruined frame and then back at you, fear evident in both of your faces.

"Go get the super glue and I'll sweep the glass!"
You told him as you ran in opposite directions.
When you met back up with him in the living room you handed him the frame for him to super glue it back together.

Sweeping up the glass before throwing it away. You walked back into the living room and Tooru handed you the glued frame. You stuck the picture in and set it back up.

"I mean if you don't look at it for too long..." you said as you looked at the frame from different angles. Tooru and you both sighed before turning to retreat into your rooms.
You came out shortly after with your sports bag.

"I'm going back to the dorms!"
"Alright!" Tooru yelled back as he stepped outside of his room, seeing as you closed the door. He turned around and headed back to his room, grabbing a magazine from his shelf and flipping it open.

"Wait, did she leave so she wouldn't get in trouble?"

___________

"Oikawa."
"Hah?" You turned around and met Nakayama's eyes.

"You should really start heading back now." She told you as she took the volleyball away from your hands. "Or atleast go practice with the boys. I don't want to leave you here alone." She sighed as she saw you pout, giving you back the volleyball.

Practice had ended over an hour ago. Nakayama normally stayed longer as she went over some things with the coaches and managers. Sometimes she even helped with the manager duties before finishing cleaning up or picking up some of the things the others might've missed.

Each and every practice she stayed at for longer she'd come back later to find you still practicing your serves. Sometimes even your spikes and blocks with others. Though Nakayama didn't really think much of it, since most of the time she caught you putting in extra practice it was no more than half an hour after practices ended.

Yet today the meeting with the coaches had run longer than expected so she had come back later. An hour after practice had ended and you were still in the gym, hitting serves over the net.

Nakayama wouldn't have been so worried if she hadn't heard all the rumors going around. She knew you were more than capable of taking care of yourself but there'd be rumors of someone sneaking around the gyms after sunset. She hadn't heard anything about said figure actually approaching anyone, but she didn't want to take any chances.

"Don't worry Nakayama-san, I'm alright!" You smiled up at her as she looked at you and sighed.

"Don't stay for too long, okay?" She waited for your nod before walking out the gyms, heading over to the boys gym to have someone walk you back.

You turned your attention back onto the ball at hand before throwing it up and starting your approach, hitting a home run. You groaned as you landed, moving to pick up another ball from the cart.

I have less than a month until nationals, I need to get this down

You breathed out as you stepped back from the end line. You held the ball in front of you before throwing it up, starting your approach.

95%

You jumped up, arm cranked back.
"Oi!" You stuttered as you swatted at air, landing with the ball as you turned to look up at the owner of the voice that had just interrupted your serve. Shirabu.

"What, Kenjirou." You glared at him as you duck down to pick up the ball.

"We're leaving. Hurry up and pick up the balls. You have five minutes." He said with a blank expression before turning to close the doors behind him and lean on the wall next to them.

"Hah?" You glared up at him as he looked at you and sighed. "Chop-chop." He added as he ducked down to pick up one of the balls before throwing it into the cart.

Your glare only intensified as he started walking around the gym, picking up the strayed volleyballs before throwing them into the cart. He stopped after feeling your burning glare on him for a while and sighed once more as he turned to look at you.

"It was either me or Ushijima-San. I volunteered as tribute." He shrugged as he threw a ball at you, causing you to drop the one you were holding to catch it. You sighed as you threw it into the cart, making your way around with it to pick up the balls.
"Whatever."

____________

"So are you gonna quit?"
"No, I don't think so." You heard Kenma say from his end of the phone as you hummed and bit into your apple.

"Even so, good luck on your qualifiers!" You giggled as you heard him huff. "You're going to show us around right?"

"Us? I don't really want to take Miya around Tokyo." You snickered at that, Inarizaki had already won their ticket into the spring tournament, so it was a given that you'd meet the Miya's and Suna.

"Will you still take me around?" You asked as you heard shuffling coming from Kenma's end of the phone. He hummed shortly after, causing a grin to paint your face.

"Ah yea! Should I take my PSP to completely destroy you in Mario Kart?" Kenma lightly laughed. "You can try."

You laughed out loud as you flopped onto your bunk. "Challenge accepted!"

_______
Just a couple fillers I wrote between my breakdowns due to homework :)))