Hey, dummy

Back to the main story

Catra summoned what was left of her energy, which wasn't a lot, but she used it anyway to sprint up the steps to the podium. Bow and Entrapta tailing behind her Catra ignored the tears falling down her cheeks.

"Adora I'm coming!" She could see the thick black tendrils, beggining to wrap themselves around Adora, so she ran faster. She reached the podium, wrapping her arms around the bound Adora and kissing her.

"I missed you," she panted and Adora pushed her cheek into Catra's palm. Catra didn't tell her about the bloody hand print on her cheek, and she was certain Entrapta would get to that later.

"Me too, but please, get me out of this." Catra nodded, pulling out her claws and slashing at the vines. It would cut, but slowly.

"Bow do you have anything you can cut with?" The boy reached into his pocket, pulling out a shard of glass.
"Good. Entrapta, help if you can." The smaller girl nodded and they got to slashing. Catra ignored the weakness in her knees,  choosing to persist slashing at the tentacles.

"Adora get ready to jump free," Bow warned and Adora braced herself.

"Now!" Catra yelled and the blonde sprung herself from the platform, overshooting and falling down a few of the steps. Catra ran over to her, stopping her fall and holding onto her shirt.

"Hey dummy," Adora said, a lopsided grin on her face.

"Idiot." Catra replied, wrapping her in a hug. After a moment Bow and Entrapta joined in the hug, the four of them sitting on the steps.

"What is this place?" Adora asked, stroking Catra's ears as she relaxed into her lap.

"It's some sort of Princess Prison." Entrapta explained. "I don't know, it possesses a power to possess us. Its quite exciting, actually." Catra scoffed, even after all they had been through, Entrapta was still fascinated by the science.

"It was controlling you," Catra said with a yawn, "and Entrapta and Glimmer."

"Why'd it stop?" Adora asked, kissing Catra's forehead.

"My guess," Entrapta replied, "is that it wanted to." Adora gulped, looking to Bow to say something positive.

"Glimmer is still here," he iterated, "we lost hordak."

"He wasn't with you?" She asked Entrapta. The group went silent, and Adora got the sense she wasn't being told something.

"Guys, I can take it." She said.

"Hordak sacrificed himself to save Entrapta," Catra said glumly. "I couldn't save them both." Adora almost asked if she had tried, but stopped herself. Of course Catra had tried. It didn't make it more believe able.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to them.

"We should get going," Catra said, getting up.

"Catra wait-"

"No. I have to get out of here!" She yelled and Adora backed away.
"I'm sorry," Catra recanted, "its just... I don't even know what day it is. I lost count." No one offered an answer, because there wasn't one. Adora felt herself tearing up, a cursed thought entering her mind. She wanted to leave, too. Go back to Brightmoon, tell everyone there wasn't anything here. Go back to life she had come to love. Leave Glimmer here. Or come back for her later. They were exhausted and hungry and they had no idea where to start. She wiped a tear from her cheek and her hand came back covered in blood.

"What?" She exclaimed, looking at it.
"I'm bleeding? Why didn't anyone say anything?" She asked.

"Its not yours," Entrapta explained, "its Catra's." Adora gripped Catra's wrist, flipping over her arm and gasping at the condition of her hands.

"Catra! You-"

"I did what I had to, okay?" Adora nodded, gulping as Catra sat back down.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yes. You have no idea." Adora took Catra's hands in hers, looking at the wounds. Small carvings into her hand, like they'd been whipped with a wire. She didn't asked what happened as Catra's breath became regulated pressed against her thigh.

"She hasn't slept in... who knows how long." Bow said. "It was just her and I for a while, she doesn't sleep much without you." Adora looked at her girlfriend who would appear dead if she couldn't feel her breath on her knee. She kissed her one the head again, just to prove she was still there. When she noticed Bow's dim look she reached out him.

"Dont worry, we'll get Glimmer back." She reassured. He looked down the long hallway before them, his hand gripped on his bow.

"I hope you're right."