Summer is for sailing the seas

I am back from an unforseen hiatus to present this to you

Adora drummed her fingers on the table. She had a decision to make, and this time it was personal. She had already saved the world, nothing could top that, but she knew what she had to do then. The choice was made for her. Now she had to make it on her own. She could tell Glimmer about the plan and Entrapta's, and complete the mission on Beast Island. Or she could wait... until it felt right. Entrapta made it clear that this was only a working theory. If Angela was alive, they could save her, but they has no way of knowing what condition she would be in once pulled through the portal. Pulling her out may cause everything to collapse and her sacrifice would have been in vain.

"Hey," she lifted her head, smiling as Catra placed her palms on Adora's shoulders, kissing her forehead before she sat down.

"Hi," Adora replied softly.

"You look like you're thinking." Catra said, resting her chin in her hand.

"I am."

"Hmmm, care to share?" Adora raised her eyebrows. Care to share... I'm convinced that's Scorpia talking.

"Well, I was talking to Entrapta. And she said that she mapped the island, or at least the spots she was in while we were there." Adora explained.

"Great so we won't have to go in blind again." Catra remarked.

"Theres more, she was also able to pinpoint a source of first ones tech that could hold enough energy for a hundred years."

"All great news, yet you don't seem happy." Adora sighed, letting Catra take her hand while she sulked in her seat.

"It's just... we don't even know if it'll work. Or if she'll even survive being pulled from it. And who's going to change it in a hundred years? I don't want to do it again. I'm not even gonna be alive!"

"Adora..." Catra said, "look at me." Adora did as she was told, looking to Catra and wiping a tear.

"You don't have to do this. You don't have to go back there. No one will hate you. But you do have to tell Glimmer. She deserves to know, and she deserves that chance to save her mom."

"But what if saving her mom puts the rest of us in jeopardy? I don't think I can save Etheria twice."

"You night be right. But if we don't tell her than she's going to go to other methods. Besides, I don't think Entrapta could keep the secret." Adora nodded, straightening out in her chair.

"You're right." She replied. They turned to see the others file in, Scorpia, Mermista, Bow. Glimmer and Micah entered from the other side. In Glimmer's hands was a tray of macaroons. Adora saw Catra eyeing them up, almost drooling and laughed a little. Seahawk came in with Perfuma and Frosta, the three of them seemingly in a debate about which season was superior.

"How mad do you think they'll get if I say Autumn?" Catra whispered and Adora chuckled. Frosta would say winter, naturally the ice princess felt at home with the ice. Perfuma talked about spring at least three times a day.

"Summer is for sailing the seas!" Seahawk iterated, over enunciating the "s" sound.

"Its safe to say you all know why your here." Glimmer started, finishing her macaroon. "I'm not ready to give up on my mom. I know how dangerous it is and I stand by what I said before, I won't ask anyone to come with me."

"Glimmer," Adora spoke up, "you should know something. Or I guess everyone should know. This next mission won't be like the last. Entrapta has maps this time, and a direct objective. We won't be going in blind and we know what to expect." Glimmer smiled, casting a glance back at her dad.

"This is good news," she said, beaming.

"Can I add something?" Catra asked, and all eyes turned to her.

"Of course." Glimmer replied, seemingly a bit suprised.

"The hive mind, or whatever that thing was, it only affects princesses."

"So?" Adora asked. She got the sense she knew where this was going, even if she didn't want to.

"So, I think you should sit this one out. All of you. We can't risk making this recon mission a rescue mission again. We need to be on top of our game, we can't... we can't be holding you on a leash." The room was silent, likely because what Catra had said was true, but no one wanted to be the first to say it.

"I already talked to Castaspella," Catra started, "she agreed to come. Huntara too. I will go." She spoke. Her eyes flitted to Seahawk, who nodded with understanding.

"Adventure." He said with enthusiasm, but not the gusto he usually did.

"I will too!" Bow said, lifting his hand.

"And Me." Micah finalized. "It's time I brought my wife home."