Just Do It

Catra didn't remember what came next, she figured the only one who did was Double Trouble as she could hear them recanting the story over and over to the princesses.

She sat, numb to her core, on a bench next to a topiary of the late Queen.

The Queen of whom this was all for.

Past Catra would blame her for her troubles, accuse her of guiltily them into this this.

But now Catra, present Catra knew she had done this willingly.

Because she felt like she owed them her life.

And thus she should spend the rest of her life making it up to the people of Brightmoon.

At some point Scorpia sat beside her, for once the lightning princess didn't mutter a word.

She sat silent and steadfast, letting Catra lean against her.

She watched as Perfuma helped Bow limp to a stretcher.

Micah was able to walk, but he winced whenever his arm moved.

Castaspella looked worse of all, other than Seahawk of course. Her eyes were sunken and her skin was pale. If Catra didn't know better she'd say the woman was bitten by a vampire bat.

But there was no life in that tunnel, other than the forsaken sludge that had nearly killed Hordak, Entrapta and herself.

"Somethings wrong with Adora."

Catra said quietly, taking Scorpia's claw.

"What makes you say that?"

"She's not here. Adora is always the first to greet me. And she's not here."

"She's fallen into a sleep or something. Her power began to drain and then she just.. fainted. Hasn't woken up."

"How long?"

"I don't know. Long enough to be of concern."

Catra sighed. If Adora was asleep it meant she wasn't eating or drinking, doing any of the basics to keep herself alive.

"I'm so tired." Catra said, wiping her eyes.

"Its okay, you can sleep." Scorpia reassured her.

"But Adora-"

"Will be there when you wake up. Who knows, maybe the crystal they found will be able to wake her up."

Catra remembered absolutely zero about a crystal, reminding herself to ask about it when she was more coherent.

"Wake me up in two hours." Catra directed.

"You got it, Boss."

The sun beating down on her, and the grassy topiary preparing to cast shade within the next hour, Catra curled up and closed her eyes.

__________________________________________

"Catra!" Adora shouted, jolting awake.

Almost immediately blood rushed to her head, and her vision blurred temporarily as it adjusted to the light.

She felt strong, like her energy was back inside her.

"For the honor of greyskull!" She shouted, transforming.

She smiled, racing down the hall, unprepared for the glum scene ahead of her.

The throne room was filled with people, some on stretchers, others holding them.

Glimmer stood on a table, addressing the crowd.

"Citizens of Brightmoon. I am happy to announce that the team has returned from Beast Island, and have recovered First Ones Tech that may be able to bring back Queen Angella," Adora beamed, they had done it!

That meant Catra was here, probably worried about her!

Glimmer teleported into the crowd, reappearing with a large blue crystal in her hands.

The tube sloshed with liquid, and with each motion Adora began to feel sick to her stomach.

Glimmer lifted it above her head and Adora collapsed, rolling down the stairsnwith a pitiful thud.

"Adora!" Mermista shouted, running up to her.

"Tell Glimmer, to put that thing down." Adora demanded.

"What?"

"Just do it." She groaned, pushing herself- She-ra- up.

Her skin crawled when it moved, not in a creepy way, but similar to how it feels to be cold. Or electrocuted.

Whatever was in that bottle was a part of her.

And she wasn't so certain it would be able to do the tings Entrapta had promised.